2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2011 Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Sort Reviews by

Great offroad but also a excellent grocery getter
By mystro

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan should have named the 4x4 the Mountain Goat series..the Frontier out performs every other truck in it's class. Built like it looks.

Favorite Features

Power, everyday handling and off-road prowess..and truthfully I like the snares other brand truck give it..they really hate to see it show up. :)

Suggested Improvements

DIESEL!!! That would be the total package for this truck but only if it could come close to this mean V6.

NIssan will roll backwards
By Ken NH

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In July I purchased a new 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X4 . With the new purchase I quickly discovered that when stopped on a hill, while in drive, the vehicle rolls backwards. It will similarly roll forward if in reverse and stopped when backing up. I now know there is a “Hill start assist” that allows the driver to stop on an incline, release the brake and not roll back for two seconds.” But after two seconds the vehicle rolls as if in neutral and will roll backwards unimpeded. Some assist. As effective as the Emperor’s New Clothes. Unaware of this “assist” I reported the problem to the dealership and I was told when on a hill I would have to “two pedal it.

Suggested Improvements

I contacted the Nissan North America consumer affairs department and asked “Why does Nissan think that a transmission design that has their vehicles rolling backwards (or forwards) when on hills is acceptable? warning to consumers/owners?” After three months I am for an answer.