2011 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck
By mark383 on 08/14/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner and never really liked it. It was way too sensitive to any wind. It took a tight grip on the steering wheel to keep it on the road on a windy day. If it had been windy the day I test drove it, I would never had bought it. The Frontier drives great on windy days and very little wind noise compared to the Tacoma. It rides better, gets better fuel mileage, better transmission and has more power. The only gripe is the interior scratches easily and the turning radius is not as tight as the Tacoma. I went from a truck I hated to a truck I love to drive. That says it all.

Love my Frontier!
By dafowler88 on 03/27/13 12:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Frontier PRO-4X in Jan '12 for $26,500. It was a slightly used 2011 model with 5700 miles. I couldn't be happier. The only thing I have had to do to it after putting 20k miles on it is change the battery which was replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is my only gripe, but I can live with that as I only have a 5 mile drive to work both ways (average 15.8, mostly city driving). I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma and F150 V6 mostly becuase of value but also because I just think it's a much better looking truck than either of the latter two. The 4-wheel drive system is second to none (Maybe Jeep, I suppose). It has great get-up.

2011 Frontier 4x4 with 50,000 miles
By deerguy on 03/19/13 14:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 Frontier in June of 2011 and traded my F150 in on it. The truck is driven for work on the highway a lot but also in the field from time to time. I just went over 50,000 miles on this truck and have had only 1 minor fault with it this past winter. Once I did the recommended service on the transmission (Auto) that cleared up as well. I find my truck very comfortable and easy to drive on the highway. I also use the 4x4 from time to time in the woods or afield. I have had no issues at all with that. The only complaints that I would have is the reduced bed size & the gas mileage could be a little better. I could have purchased the longer bed though.

I got the right truck
By garrettb on 09/25/12 00:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new... now 1 year later going on 9k miles. Great truck always gets 19 mpg.. Great engine. 4x4 works great, tows very well. I have only a couple minor complaints... The passenger fold down seat rattles and drives me crazy. The turning radius is Terrible. My Armada U-turned Much better than this Frontier. Other than that I love the truck. It is a keeper for sure. I've owned a Ford Ranger and a Chevy Colorado. This Nissan is by far the nicest truck of all them.

It does exactly what I need it to do.
By thepatriot on 09/13/12 16:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck new about a year and a half ago. I have driven it nearly 17,000 miles in that time. There are a few complaints, but mostly good comments to make. This truck does exactly what I need it to do. The engine is powerful enough to accommodate standard needs, and still gets decent, for it's class, MPG. The 4WD system and HDC all work smoothly, and the brakes certainly get the job done. The one negative I have overall is the transmission. It's not horrible, but on long trips through mountain passes you will notice it can be a bit of a gear hunter unless you try and tame it down by taking OD off. If you do that, it is much smoother, but revs higher and it will reduce your MPG.

Great value - horrible turning radius
By liberator1 on 09/04/12 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As with everyone else, I was shopping the Tacoma while shopping the Frontier. I can say I will never buy a Toyota simply because they don't want to negotiate their vehicles. The Tacoma did not offer many of the ammenities of the Frontier such as leather, auto seats, etc. The Frontier offers much more bang for the buck. The only thing I don't like is the horrible turning radius of the vehicle. You can't even make a u-turn on a 4 lane road without having to make a 3 point turn. An F-150 turns sharper than this smaller truck. Other than that, it rocks!

Best truck on the road
By feyded1020 on 03/29/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Tacoma and the Frontier both considerably to compare, and the ultimate winner as far as price goes and value, is the Frontier. The Tacoma has a weaker engine, the bed is flimsy, as well as the frame that the truck rides on, its not a fully boxed frame(Only HALF of the truck is semi boxed, the rest is just open framed) like the Frontier(every respectable truck manufacturer uses fully boxed frames for a reason, they are more rigid and provide better towing #'s). On top of all this, the Frontier rode better, offered way more power and way more features for less money. Overall the Tacoma didnt hold up when side by side to the Frontier.

Another Prior Tacoma Owner
By mc929 on 03/20/12 22:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Crew Cab and feel that the Frontier overall is notably better than the Tacoma. My Tacoma was a six speed manual and the best fuel economy I observed was eighteen. I have consistently got better than nineteen out of the Frontier and have gotten as good as twenty one mpg around town. I think the ride quality on the Nissan is vastly better and the cabin is notably quieter than the Tacoma. I think the power from the Nissan is better as well. However, turning radius as well as ground clearance and approach and departure angles I believe were much better on the Tacoma. Build quality on the Frontier also seems to be top notch. Reliability a non issue.

Better than a Tacoma
By danwatson on 10/16/11 22:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an '04 Tacoma Crew Cab that I was never going to get rid of. Very reliable and functional. Then I moved to the Eastern Sierras and needed 4WD. I quickly narrowed it down to a Tacoma and Frontier. Chose the Frontier because of better pricing an appearance. I''ve had it for10 months and nearly 13,000 miles. There has not been a problem. 4WD works great in the snow and I just got back from a hunting trip in Wyoming where I was off road for a couple of hundred miles. Even needed 4WD low and it went everywhere I needed to go. I'm very satisfied with the Frontier. It's my first Nissan truck (I used to own an Infiniti). I owned an 88 and 04 Toyotas and this is better than either.

PRO-4X
By kipster85 on 10/07/11 11:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck, first "straight-from-the-factory" purchase, and first Nissan. 8k miles & 8 months later, I'm very happy overall with this vehicle. I naturally looked towards the Tacoma first since my buddy had one, but the price was steep. I then test drove the PRO-4X and I was highly impressed with the ride quality and handling both on and off road. The mpg does hurt if you drive in a slow speed town, but not too bad for highway travel. I've done everything with this truck except towing and mudding, and it runs beautifully.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Frontier in VA is:

$117 per month*