Used 2011 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My brilliant sleek silver king
By Carol Neal

2011 Nissan Frontier S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great space for groceries, travel chairs, luggage, purse and endless possibilities behind the driver and passenger seat. Great 4 cupholders for all sizes. Large console between seats and spa e for change. Do not know the exact name but a bar on each side to pull yourself up more. I have had my 2011 frontier king cab since July 2014, one year. No repairs have been needed! I love the pull up bar esp. On drivers side. Also good size map, etc on bottom of all four doors and double dash doors. I paid $14,000 at modern Nissan in Winston Salem, nc. It is 5 gear Manuel. Also rear cab light stays on long enough to get to house door. Just make sure you shut all doors or the light stays on. Has brilliant silver finish. Water still beads up. Wipers work smooth and quite. I also have a 2008 Nissan rogue crossover purchased 2010. Still has not needed any repairs in 5 yrs! On a scale of 1-10 I give a 9.9 Thanks

Great truck
By mark383

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner and never really liked it. It was way too sensitive to any wind. It took a tight grip on the steering wheel to keep it on the road on a windy day. If it had been windy the day I test drove it, I would never had bought it. The Frontier drives great on windy days and very little wind noise compared to the Tacoma. It rides better, gets better fuel mileage, better transmission and has more power. The only gripe is the interior scratches easily and the turning radius is not as tight as the Tacoma. I went from a truck I hated to a truck I love to drive. That says it all.

Styling, size, ride and power.

Upgrade interior, move the console armrest toward the front and improve the turning radius.

Love my Frontier!
By dafowler88

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Frontier PRO-4X in Jan '12 for $26,500. It was a slightly used 2011 model with 5700 miles. I couldn't be happier. The only thing I have had to do to it after putting 20k miles on it is change the battery which was replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is my only gripe, but I can live with that as I only have a 5 mile drive to work both ways (average 15.8, mostly city driving). I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma and F150 V6 mostly becuase of value but also because I just think it's a much better looking truck than either of the latter two. The 4-wheel drive system is second to none (Maybe Jeep, I suppose). It has great get-up.

Locking rear dif. 4-wheel drive system. Sound system is great! Well built bed tie downs, I use all the time. Towing capacity, 6500lbs. Heated Seats and mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Powerful engine.

Give the PRO-4X a little more stock ground clearance. Make the front windows Auto up & Down; drivers side is auto down only. Would be nice if they could somehow improve the city MPG without losing any of the smoothness or power. These are all pretty nit-picky items. Great truck for the money.

2011 Frontier 4x4 with 50,000 miles
By deerguy

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 Frontier in June of 2011 and traded my F150 in on it. The truck is driven for work on the highway a lot but also in the field from time to time. I just went over 50,000 miles on this truck and have had only 1 minor fault with it this past winter. Once I did the recommended service on the transmission (Auto) that cleared up as well. I find my truck very comfortable and easy to drive on the highway. I also use the 4x4 from time to time in the woods or afield. I have had no issues at all with that. The only complaints that I would have is the reduced bed size & the gas mileage could be a little better. I could have purchased the longer bed though.

Driving and handling on the highway and off road! Truck has plenty of power!

Better gas mileage. I average about 19 or 20 highway or local.

I got the right truck
By garrettb

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new... now 1 year later going on 9k miles. Great truck always gets 19 mpg.. Great engine. 4x4 works great, tows very well. I have only a couple minor complaints... The passenger fold down seat rattles and drives me crazy. The turning radius is Terrible. My Armada U-turned Much better than this Frontier. Other than that I love the truck. It is a keeper for sure. I've owned a Ford Ranger and a Chevy Colorado. This Nissan is by far the nicest truck of all them.

The 4.0 V6 is a great engine. The price at around $24k was very good.

The automatic transmission searches around a bit. I would get the manual in retrospect. Nissan needs to figure out how to make this truck do a U turn.. its really bad.