Forget Toyota, get a Frontier!
By johnnycorn on
2010 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
This was the my first ever Nissan. I looked at Toyota, Ford, Suzuki, and Dodge. The dealer became the difference. I had a great experience. Having said that, I love my truck. I have the 4 banger with a 5 speed auto. The millage I get so far is better then the EPA at 19 city and 23 highway. It handles well but takes U turns wide. The auto has a hard time picking a gear in mountain driving. San Jose rains a lot and it handles very well in wet and windy conditions. I love everything about this truck! I would stongly recommend it and honestly after looking at the Toyota, I see little reason to buy one when the Frontier is a better truck in my opinion. Also check out the Suzuki Equator.
Favorite Features
the Double glove box. The chrome rear bumper. Can not get that with Toyota. Love the suicide doors. Can't get that in a Ranger. Love the millage and keep in mind, the 4 banger does have a good amount of power. I would go V6 only if you need it for towing or need a 4x4.
Suggested Improvements
The u turn thing is a drag. Work on the steering. Also, the auto tranny needs to make up it's mind on mountain roads! Other then that it is a great choice!