2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Tough Competent Truck
By Steve on 04/25/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First pick-up I ever owned and compared to my current cars, Porsche Boxster and Infiniti G35, this took a little while to get used to driving. Needed to haul the typical stuff around for the house, the dog and 2 dirtbikes. The 6 cyclinder and automatic are an excellent combination. Very quick acceleration for a truck. Gas milage is around 20 on the highway. Was excellent in the heavy snow this winter. Just click it into 4hi and rip right through the snow. Pretty tall truck (good ground clearance). My wife wasn't to keen on a truck, but she admits it is easy to drive and park.

Loving it
By Marine SGT on 04/13/10 07:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Purchased my Frontier 11/09. I researched a number of trucks and for the money, options, and owner reviews, my decision was easy. To put icing on the cake, when I test drove the truck, I went from city to highway and back to city driving and she rode like a car but had that firm suspension a truck needs. I once owned a 06, F-150 but had door problems from the start. I'm very pleased with my frontier. It hauls my trailer (loaded) with ease. I have taken a couple of 600+ mile trips and love how it handles on the highway. The seats are comfortable and with the 16" wheels she sits up pretty high. Super Black is the color of mine and she is shines all around town.

Great for light hauling and commute
By Atlantic Diver on 04/03/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This truck fulfills a need to haul equipment for the weekend warrior and provides great transportation for the daily commute. I am consistently averaging 20 MPG. A 10 hour drive is very comfortable for two. The jump seats are only used for a short local trips. I installed a spray in bedliner plus a matching color high cap over the bed to keep items dry and out of sight. The truck looks great and performs well.

Amazed
By ambulatsolum on 03/30/10 17:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Set out to purchase a Tacoma, have owned them in the past. The Pro4x, though, blew me away. The interior of this vehicle is incredibly high quality and supremely comfortable. The paint is terrific, body panel gaps consistent. The ride on broken Northern pavement is great - no see-sawing - handles bad roads with aplomb. It is a blast to drive, handles well, easier to manage in tight confines that a full-size. Live in a rural area; has handled flooded roads and off-road conditions well. Burns regular grade fuel. Great truck!

The Little Engine That Barely Could
By First Frontier on 03/29/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Recently bought truck. Has value package & bed liner with bed extender. Considered Tacoma, Dakota, Ranger & Colorado. 1st truck since 89 Toyo 4x4 with 4 cyl manual. Main reason for buying Frontier over Tacoma (1st choice) - $. Nissan gave $2K rebate, plus another $1K since I own Toyota + dealer sold well below invoice. Great value for $. Was torn between the 4 cyl and 6. Got the 4 because it's mostly a commuter truck with weekend warrior activity. After 1,700 miles happy with truck, but 4 cyl lacks power with auto trans. Highway driving is fine when up to speed. But lack of power is apparent when getting on highway, stoplight to stoplight, hills or with load in bed.

Best Choice, hands down
By Dang on 03/25/10 23:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is beautiful inside and out. If looks aren't enough for you, the v6 seems to pack a punch that can make some v8s look weak. It's a great drive, some great features that came standard (things like the bedliner and bedrail system). I fell in love with the truck, and with safety ratings that made the Ranger and Colorado look like bicycles, it's the obvious answer. Roomy, manly and just plain cool.

This is the third one.
By M.E. on 03/21/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I grew up driving old stick shift PUs. And I use a PU as a PU. This is my third King Cab with 4cyl/5 spd manual. Mpg with proper use of manual is a pretty steady mid-20s, up or down a few mpg depending on driving conditions and brand of gas, and reliability seems to be a given. I'm not going to bad mouth other small pickups out there. I've driven them and used them and a couple of them I really liked. But when the time came to fork over the money for a new one, I just couldn't bring myself to do it for anything other than what I think is best of breed.

Forget Toyota, get a Frontier!
By johnnycorn on 03/11/10 23:17 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This was the my first ever Nissan. I looked at Toyota, Ford, Suzuki, and Dodge. The dealer became the difference. I had a great experience. Having said that, I love my truck. I have the 4 banger with a 5 speed auto. The millage I get so far is better then the EPA at 19 city and 23 highway. It handles well but takes U turns wide. The auto has a hard time picking a gear in mountain driving. San Jose rains a lot and it handles very well in wet and windy conditions. I love everything about this truck! I would stongly recommend it and honestly after looking at the Toyota, I see little reason to buy one when the Frontier is a better truck in my opinion. Also check out the Suzuki Equator.

Can't do much more
By Wil on 03/02/10 10:48 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Over all very please with the truck. Could do without the roofrack it should be a option. The finish is first class both inside and out. The gas mileage I get is 18.5. After testing Tacoma and Frontier and the price of each it was a no brainer.

Great New Truck
By Jene Moseley on 02/27/10 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Instead of a Toyota, I bought a Nissan Frontier 4X4 and drove it home from the dealership 200 highway miles. The last 20 miles were over a snow packed, icy, steep dirt road through a forested and mountainous area. It was midnight and I was alone. I'm a 71 year old great grandmother and felt totally secure. Though still quite new, I really trust this truck. If you're looking for a smaller, rugged all- terrain pickup, check out the Nissan Frontier. For performance, it's an impressive vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Frontier in WA is:

$173 per month*