Used 2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

I love my Pioneer but improve/armrest
By Jack S.

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the ride and the overall build. Really a great truck for the money. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Overall this is a great truck.

Suggested Improvements

Love everything about this truck except the dinky armrest. Bought a sliding armrest attachment that really made the truck extremely comfortable. Seemed pricey at first but it slides out up to six inches and does not interfere with the cup holders. Well worth the comfort. Get one.

Great Compact Truck
By Tzarita88

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Jeep Compass for this new Frontier and I love it. It handles, snow, ice, mud, steep, rocky mountains roads as well as town driving. My biggest impression was with the sturdiness of this truck. It feels very durable. Despite gas mileage estimates, I get 25/21 mpg, even in 4X4.

Favorite Features

Well made and designed, excellent mileage, able to handle all types of weather and terrain. I'm glad I bought this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Dash controls could be a bit more convenient. Gear shift letters should contrast more with the chrome console to be easier to read.

My 3rd nissan truck
By tom

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan truck. The first and second both have 300,000 miles I've never had any major problems except the normal things brakes, clutches, batteries and tires the reason I bought the new one was I got tired of looking and driving the old one. I expect to get 300,000 out of this one also! These are great little trucks

Favorite Features

Great off road great for towing and rides level at 1600 miles i get 19.5 MPG not bad for 271 HP and 4 wheel drive I drive 50/50 high way/city

Suggested Improvements

Warn type locking front hubs (was standard on my 97) unlock them got me 2 more MPG outside temp gauge and MPG fuel usage readout

SE Value Package is appropriately named
By KentT

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When my teenager totaled my 2009 Frontier with less than 9000 miles on it, I didn't think twice about replacing it with the exact same spec 2010 -- even the same Radiant Silver. (He walked away with only a bruised shin after sliding into a telephone pole that totaled the vehicle. The safety features, especially the intrusion bars in the doors worked as designed. The Value Truck package is even better value on the 2010, adding the Tow Package to the deal. With the rebate, this is an incredible value for a powerful, tough 4WD truck that's well- equipped and fun to drive. The V6 is simply best-in-class, an incredibly smooth and powerful engine.

Favorite Features

Excellent safety features are only improved for 2010 with side-curtain airbags and electronic stability control. Excellent power and performance with decent fuel economy IF you take it easy. I tow up to 5,000 lbs frequently and it tows better than the 2004 Dodge Dakota V8 that I had previously.

Suggested Improvements

Complaints are minor and often noted -- short center armrest and poor stock radio (which I upgraded with aftermarket). Offer more options on the XE and SE models -- such as better radio and seats -- don't limit those to LE and PRO 4X. Finally, give us the diesel engines that you sell overseas!

Loving it
By Marine SGT

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Purchased my Frontier 11/09. I researched a number of trucks and for the money, options, and owner reviews, my decision was easy. To put icing on the cake, when I test drove the truck, I went from city to highway and back to city driving and she rode like a car but had that firm suspension a truck needs. I once owned a 06, F-150 but had door problems from the start. I'm very pleased with my frontier. It hauls my trailer (loaded) with ease. I have taken a couple of 600+ mile trips and love how it handles on the highway. The seats are comfortable and with the 16" wheels she sits up pretty high. Super Black is the color of mine and she is shines all around town.

Favorite Features

Non-Sliding Bed Extender, SE Value Package, Truck Height, V6, Smooth Transmission, Fold down passenger seat for my laptop and work space.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest could be larger but I'm a right handed drive so not a big deal.