2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great for light hauling and commute
By Atlantic Diver on 04/03/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This truck fulfills a need to haul equipment for the weekend warrior and provides great transportation for the daily commute. I am consistently averaging 20 MPG. A 10 hour drive is very comfortable for two. The jump seats are only used for a short local trips. I installed a spray in bedliner plus a matching color high cap over the bed to keep items dry and out of sight. The truck looks great and performs well.

The Little Engine That Barely Could
By First Frontier on 03/29/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Recently bought truck. Has value package & bed liner with bed extender. Considered Tacoma, Dakota, Ranger & Colorado. 1st truck since 89 Toyo 4x4 with 4 cyl manual. Main reason for buying Frontier over Tacoma (1st choice) - $. Nissan gave $2K rebate, plus another $1K since I own Toyota + dealer sold well below invoice. Great value for $. Was torn between the 4 cyl and 6. Got the 4 because it's mostly a commuter truck with weekend warrior activity. After 1,700 miles happy with truck, but 4 cyl lacks power with auto trans. Highway driving is fine when up to speed. But lack of power is apparent when getting on highway, stoplight to stoplight, hills or with load in bed.

This is the third one.
By M.E. on 03/21/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I grew up driving old stick shift PUs. And I use a PU as a PU. This is my third King Cab with 4cyl/5 spd manual. Mpg with proper use of manual is a pretty steady mid-20s, up or down a few mpg depending on driving conditions and brand of gas, and reliability seems to be a given. I'm not going to bad mouth other small pickups out there. I've driven them and used them and a couple of them I really liked. But when the time came to fork over the money for a new one, I just couldn't bring myself to do it for anything other than what I think is best of breed.

Forget Toyota, get a Frontier!
By johnnycorn on 03/11/10 23:17 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This was the my first ever Nissan. I looked at Toyota, Ford, Suzuki, and Dodge. The dealer became the difference. I had a great experience. Having said that, I love my truck. I have the 4 banger with a 5 speed auto. The millage I get so far is better then the EPA at 19 city and 23 highway. It handles well but takes U turns wide. The auto has a hard time picking a gear in mountain driving. San Jose rains a lot and it handles very well in wet and windy conditions. I love everything about this truck! I would stongly recommend it and honestly after looking at the Toyota, I see little reason to buy one when the Frontier is a better truck in my opinion. Also check out the Suzuki Equator.

Great New Truck
By Jene Moseley on 02/27/10 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Instead of a Toyota, I bought a Nissan Frontier 4X4 and drove it home from the dealership 200 highway miles. The last 20 miles were over a snow packed, icy, steep dirt road through a forested and mountainous area. It was midnight and I was alone. I'm a 71 year old great grandmother and felt totally secure. Though still quite new, I really trust this truck. If you're looking for a smaller, rugged all- terrain pickup, check out the Nissan Frontier. For performance, it's an impressive vehicle.

One Sweet Truck
By David Lee on 02/21/10 06:23 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this truck just before Christmas 2009. I tell you what a fun truck to drive , a very very peppy 4cyl with a smooth shifting Auto Trans. This truck really moves, handles well, and is very very quiet! Had a 2000 Frontier but this one is a far cry better !!! I would recommend the 4cyl Auto to anyone if you just need a truck to drive and not pulling anything. Plenty of ZIP getting on the Highway. Love the ride also the 16" tires and wheels are a nice addition. Overall as you can tell i am very impressed with this truck, the more i drive it the more i like it !!! And it is a very nice looking truck at that ! Traded a Honda CRV for this and have not looked back since !!! Way to go NISSAN

Better Get One !!
By Great Truck !! on 02/20/10 18:17 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This Is my 6th Nissan Truck. I have had a 1990, 1997, 2002, 2006,2007,2010. All the trucks were very good in every way. The 2010 has gobs of power. I have always had the 4 cy till know. I like the 6 cy but if gas goes up a lot I would likely go back to the 4cy. I like the manuel trans. I have had in on all my Nissans. Truck is quality inside and out.

frontier pro4x/tocoma trd
By norm on 01/29/10 09:44 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at the Tacoma TRD and the Frontier PRO4X. I feel both trucks are great. Why I went for the Fronier is it felt more comfortable, had more power and felt like it, the automatic shifted better, and the options were more to my liking. The sprayed in bedliner is and the rail system is awsome, not slippery when wet like a composite, also like the radio and 6 CD player, sound great, and the blue tooth is a plus. Never like the looks of the new Tacomas I think the PRO4X color keyed front end looks awesome, but that is in the eyes of the beholder

Very Nice 4 cylnder Midsize Truck!
By Jesse on 12/29/09 15:42 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is 3rd Nissan Truck and it's an improvement! My first truck that I buy w/ an automatic transmission. Pluses: Mid-size truck feel, handsome exterior, smooth shifting automatic transmission, big cargo bed, firmer truck ride, lot's of interior storage, durable cloth seats, power package/keyless entry, back doors that swing open to allow the the occasional passengers. Folding side mirrors, side airbags, anti-lock brakes, and bigger fuel tank. Lots more cargo room than my last Frontier! Reputation for reliability and better resale value than most domestic trucks. Today's vehicles have lots of interior plastics, and Nissan uses quality plastics.

GREAT TRUCK!!
By Eagleuno on 11/29/09 18:21 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Frontier. I have owned Toyota, Mazda and Nissan trucks in the past. This is a much bigger vehicle. I am getting 24.9mpg with a range of 420 miles! Very solid feel. I got the SE with a manual and the power package. (This was a HARD to find combination!) The throttle by wire takes a little getting used to but it works great. The turning radius is about 4' larger than the pre- 2005 models but again, this is not a small truck. It feels more like an Ford F150 but it gets almost 25mpg. And that is mostly city driving to boot. The manual transmission works great and really lets you maximize the mpg. I wouldn't get a 4 cyl with an automatic transmission.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Frontier King-cab in VA is:

$137 per month*