2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Love my Truck
By Front Range Lady on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the smooth ride, handling and that I didn't have to give up any of my interior luxury. The 18 inch wheels are a plus.

Very Nice Truck
By RagingItalian on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my car and traded my old truck in for a Nissan Altima on the cash for clunkers deal, then determined I could not live without a truck. The only 2 that I would consider was the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Frontier. For the price there was no comparison. Ken Pollock Nissan gave me a great deal. I could not be happier with this truck and realized this is the only vehicle I need and now selling the car.

Great Truck
By Southky on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After about 6 weeks and over 2k miles I can say this truck has met all my expectations. It is sharp as a tack and fun to drive. The only thing that I could wish for is a couple more mpg. But it in line with the other trucks of this type. Nissan makes great vehicles.

Love the Truck, but.....
By hogtastic on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this truck. Plenty of Power, plenty of room and lots of features. Have no real complaints on the overall quality of the truck. The one concern that I cannot get my dealership or Nissan to address (and in the overall quality it is minor) is the character display in the XM Radio mode. The dealer replaced the stereo once but still doesn't work right. Displays all characters when connected to the iPod or when a CD has the data available but not in XM Mode. If I turn the truck off & then immediately restart, then it will display all the XM characters but Nissan says it is not malfunctioning. Again, a minor issue but very frustrating when dealer and mfg act like there is nothing wrong.

NIssan V6 Frontier
By MIke B on 08/19/10 13:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

With a lower weight/horsepower ratio, 4-wheel disk brakes, roomer interior, better ride, less engine noise, outstanding road feel, and a much, much better financial deal than than Toyota offered on a similarly-equipped Tacoma, I chose the 2010 Frontier. If this truck is as durable as my '97 Nissan truck I'll be very happy.

Good No-Frills Truck
By doug on 08/18/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a basic, simple truck, and that's what I got- roll-up windows, the horn doesn't beep when I lock/unlock the door, no power stuff to break. I like the 5-speed and 4- cylinder combination, although I have to gear down on hills even more than with my manual shift Camry. Don't even think of mating a 4-cyl with a slushbox. Only one nit-pick so far. The lower grille is a gaping empty hole leaving the radiator and A/C condenser with no protection from flying rocks. I am thinking of bolting a piece of stiff 1/4-in fence wire to the lower plastic and painting it black.

Love my truck
By Derwood_Tom on 08/14/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The kids are almost out of the house, and my wife encouraged me to replace my econo-box with a truck (had a pick- up until kid #3 arrived 17 yrs ago). Love this truck, right size for urban driving, but seats 5 if needed. Lots of power, but rides really well, remarkably easy to get into the seats, and takes turns at highway speeds like a sedan. Wish gas mileage was a bit better, averaging around 18 mpg. No complaints so far (first 2,000 miles).

Frontier Better than expected
By YellowRubi on 08/03/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased for utility and tow vehicle, this LE model performed better than expecting during the first 4000 miles and vacation. Towing it had great power. Space was very good for kids and pets. The handling is very good and responsive. The features are the best. Auto sunroof with self closure keeps you from forgetting. Auto windows full down is a plus. Electric adjust seats make for a great ride on trips. Bed tie downs are a big plus. Mileage on the road with this 4x4 was much better than anticipated. Better than 20 MPG consistently. Very good choice for trips, towing, and general utility.

Best Truck I ever owned
By jsan1 on 08/01/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck after having totaled my Ford Ranger "Edge Edition". I absolutely love this truck. Great power, comfort, and looks. One of the best riding trucks I have ever been in. After looking at the Toyota Tacoma, for the price I felt that there was no comparison.

What's Not to Like?
By doc on 07/30/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan frontier - much better than the one I bought 10 years ago. Nissan has come a long way. I get 20 hwy with recommended 91octane; 17.5 hwy with 87. I intended to buy a Tacoma, but Nissan and dealer rebates made the frontier about $5k cheaper for the loaded versions. I have no complaints, but then I've never owned a Tacoma so I don't know if I'm missing anything. Pro 4x has stiff suspension which I wanted, but it's not like riding in uncle earl's town car. My avalanche 2500 and silverado 1500 have smoother rides. Seat configurations are well thought through.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Frontier in NJ is:

$236 per month*