Used 2010 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Love my Fronty
By brutus_skx

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck!
I traded in my 2006 Xterra since I needed a open truck bed but wanted to keep the same platform vehicle.
This truck is GREAT! Leather is nice and the RF stereo sounds awesome.
Good towing for the size; ok gas mileage. 16 city; 19/20 highway (70mph) 18/19 mpg (80/85mph). This truck is very capable off road; click in the 4x4 and with the rear locker you can go all over. 4lo has some real pull power. Hit the hardball and have a nice smooth ride home.
Overall a great truck; way to go Nissan!

Heated seats, heated mirrors; Rockford Fosgate stereo; 265 ponies providing some awesome giddie-up; Utili-track bed system

All the plastic parts in dash board. Couldnt it have the plastic made with the soft touch like other manufactures have (Honda)? That would cut down on the rattle quite a bit. Beef up the front diff and spider gears to keep them from blowing up when doing some serious off road wheeling. I mean thats why you have the Off Road/NISMO/PRO-4X versions right??

Did not want to like it.
By purvelo

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I seriously did not want to like this truck. I
had to purchase a truck for a new business I started. Decided on the Nissan Frontier V6 4x4 because of how well the test ride went against the other midsized trucks like the Tacoma. Solid ride,great handling for a truck, and much quieter interior compared to the noisy Tacoma. I liked the full size Ram but cost and MPG kept me away from it.So I have owned this truck for almost a year now and have to say, as much as I want to be pissed about driving a truck daily, this well made solid truck is growing on me. Nissan has built a reliable mid sized truck that feels like it can handle real truck work and yet drives rather nicely. 20.2 MPG with a 4x4!

Chassis, sprayed bed and cargo tie down system, MPG for 260hp 4x4, handling is the best of any truck I have driven. So far the reliability is amazing.

Squeaky brakes, boring interior, Diesel engine.

Watch your spare tire...
By ctom

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an SE King Cab and have liked it with the manual and V-6: great acceleration and fun to drive.
My issue is that despite having paid for Nissan spare tire lock, the spare was stolen within weeks and Nissan is refusing to do anything. The ease of stealing spare tires is big issue for Nissan trucks & SUVs (I had two stolen off 2008 Pathfinder) and it's very hard to find a way to secure them. Almost every Nissan SUV owner in my neighborhood that I've spoken with has same issue. Dealer said Nissan lock would suffice, but the thieves just bypassed it and removed everything from above the spare - and yes, they also stole the lock!!
Will cost me $1,000 to replace it all.
Very unhappy...

Acceleration and ride.

Find a way to really protect the spare. Until then, no more Nissans for me...

Brand new truck stalling in the middle of the freeway.
By subart

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my car in May of 2010. Within a month or 3,000 miles later car stalled on the way to California from Phoenix. The engine just shut down right in the middle of the freeway, really scary as I had my whole family in there. Towed the car to the nearest dealer and they replaced a bad crank sensor. 7,000 miles and five months later - same thing. Car stalls, tow to dealer - again - bad crank sensor. I have been scared to drive it ever since - just short trips around town. The dealer just shrugged shoulders - just a couple of bad sensor in the row? This is bull. A brand new car and POS has a recurrent catastrophic failure. This is my first and the last Nissan. Should have bought a Toyota...

Styling and power.

Reliability.

Love the Truck
By fortdixie

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my 2010 Frontier for over a year. Purchased the 4x4 LE with all options including the 4.0 liter V6. I must say that its one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It's tough and tight and has all the comforts necessary for long trips either on pavement or back roads. Am getting just over 19mpg on hwy and about 14mpg in the city. The power adjustable seats are great after owning a Tocoma that felt like you were setting in a bucket. The torgue is more than enough to pull a 5000 lb+ camper. The down side of towing is that no one makes a decent extension mirror like those offered on a Tundra. Have a strap-on mirror but it just won't work well. Everything else is 100%.

Great leather seats, heavy top rack for hauling camping gear. Cargo lockdown system and bed liner. Interior storage space & electronics. Great styling. electronics

The truck is great for towing, why not offer optional extensionThe truck is designed for towing, but they don't offer optional extension tow mirrors, why? tow mirrors. Drop down arm rests on seats.