2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Watch your spare tire...
By ctom on 03/09/11 15:43 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an SE King Cab and have liked it with the manual and V-6: great acceleration and fun to drive. My issue is that despite having paid for Nissan spare tire lock, the spare was stolen within weeks and Nissan is refusing to do anything. The ease of stealing spare tires is big issue for Nissan trucks & SUVs (I had two stolen off 2008 Pathfinder) and it's very hard to find a way to secure them. Almost every Nissan SUV owner in my neighborhood that I've spoken with has same issue. Dealer said Nissan lock would suffice, but the thieves just bypassed it and removed everything from above the spare - and yes, they also stole the lock!! Will cost me $1,000 to replace it all. Very unhappy...

Very Nice Truck
By RagingItalian on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my car and traded my old truck in for a Nissan Altima on the cash for clunkers deal, then determined I could not live without a truck. The only 2 that I would consider was the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Frontier. For the price there was no comparison. Ken Pollock Nissan gave me a great deal. I could not be happier with this truck and realized this is the only vehicle I need and now selling the car.

NIssan V6 Frontier
By MIke B on 08/19/10 13:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

With a lower weight/horsepower ratio, 4-wheel disk brakes, roomer interior, better ride, less engine noise, outstanding road feel, and a much, much better financial deal than than Toyota offered on a similarly-equipped Tacoma, I chose the 2010 Frontier. If this truck is as durable as my '97 Nissan truck I'll be very happy.

Good No-Frills Truck
By doug on 08/18/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a basic, simple truck, and that's what I got- roll-up windows, the horn doesn't beep when I lock/unlock the door, no power stuff to break. I like the 5-speed and 4- cylinder combination, although I have to gear down on hills even more than with my manual shift Camry. Don't even think of mating a 4-cyl with a slushbox. Only one nit-pick so far. The lower grille is a gaping empty hole leaving the radiator and A/C condenser with no protection from flying rocks. I am thinking of bolting a piece of stiff 1/4-in fence wire to the lower plastic and painting it black.

Gotta love it
By markie59 on 07/30/10 04:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Only had it three weeks and it's such fun that every night, we all find an excuse to go out on an errand or to get ice cream. I'd describe the driving experience in more detail, but can barely pry the keys out of my wife's hand. Cool enough that our seventeen year old covets it. Love it love it love it

I love my Pioneer but improve/armrest
By Jack S. on 07/28/10 17:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the ride and the overall build. Really a great truck for the money. Fun to drive.

Great Compact Truck
By Tzarita88 on 07/08/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Jeep Compass for this new Frontier and I love it. It handles, snow, ice, mud, steep, rocky mountains roads as well as town driving. My biggest impression was with the sturdiness of this truck. It feels very durable. Despite gas mileage estimates, I get 25/21 mpg, even in 4X4.

My 3rd nissan truck
By tom on 06/21/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan truck. The first and second both have 300,000 miles I've never had any major problems except the normal things brakes, clutches, batteries and tires the reason I bought the new one was I got tired of looking and driving the old one. I expect to get 300,000 out of this one also! These are great little trucks

SE Value Package is appropriately named
By KentT on 05/26/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When my teenager totaled my 2009 Frontier with less than 9000 miles on it, I didn't think twice about replacing it with the exact same spec 2010 -- even the same Radiant Silver. (He walked away with only a bruised shin after sliding into a telephone pole that totaled the vehicle. The safety features, especially the intrusion bars in the doors worked as designed. The Value Truck package is even better value on the 2010, adding the Tow Package to the deal. With the rebate, this is an incredible value for a powerful, tough 4WD truck that's well- equipped and fun to drive. The V6 is simply best-in-class, an incredibly smooth and powerful engine.

Loving it
By Marine SGT on 04/13/10 07:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Purchased my Frontier 11/09. I researched a number of trucks and for the money, options, and owner reviews, my decision was easy. To put icing on the cake, when I test drove the truck, I went from city to highway and back to city driving and she rode like a car but had that firm suspension a truck needs. I once owned a 06, F-150 but had door problems from the start. I'm very pleased with my frontier. It hauls my trailer (loaded) with ease. I have taken a couple of 600+ mile trips and love how it handles on the highway. The seats are comfortable and with the 16" wheels she sits up pretty high. Super Black is the color of mine and she is shines all around town.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Frontier King-cab in WA is:

$173 per month*