Used 2010 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

poor dealer and home office support
By Hal

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Both rear axles failed. Around 60k miles. The replacement axles were different telling us the originals were defective. Big runaround from local dealers.Went to personal mechanic and paid $1,500 for new replacements. Dealer wanted $2,000+. The same mechanic just completed another replacement with the same year Frontier. This owner also had bad service. When I took it to the dealer we assumed a bearing and seal replacement. Then when they tore it apart they stalled telling us they did not have the parts although they told us they did when the appointment were made. Even smells bad. They told us that they would not offer any financial support because we used a private mechanic. I will get my financial support by "NEVER BUYING ANOTHER NISSIAN". I think I am even. GO TOYOTA.

Nice Truck Pro-4X
By cascar

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 2010 used. Nice ride and awesome RF sound. Heated seats. Leather. No complaints at 72,000. Will go anywhere in snow and mud.

What's Not to Like?
By doc

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan frontier - much better than the one I bought 10 years ago. Nissan has come a long way. I get 20 hwy with recommended 91octane; 17.5 hwy with 87. I intended to buy a Tacoma, but Nissan and dealer rebates made the frontier about $5k cheaper for the loaded versions. I have no complaints, but then I've never owned a Tacoma so I don't know if I'm missing anything. Pro 4x has stiff suspension which I wanted, but it's not like riding in uncle earl's town car. My avalanche 2500 and silverado 1500 have smoother rides. Seat configurations are well thought through.

bedliner with utilitrack. leather interior nicely done. sound system with satellite radio is great. front cup holders. i added a class IV trailer hitch - 10 minute job including electrical because Nissan's are designed with simple installs in mind. I like this Frontier so much, I may buy a Titan.

What is with the weenie console/arm rest? way too short. that's the only thing I've found that i don't like about the 2010 Nissan Pro 4X so far