Used 2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

poor dealer and home office support
By Hal

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Both rear axles failed. Around 60k miles. The replacement axles were different telling us the originals were defective. Big runaround from local dealers.Went to personal mechanic and paid $1,500 for new replacements. Dealer wanted $2,000+. The same mechanic just completed another replacement with the same year Frontier. This owner also had bad service. When I took it to the dealer we assumed a bearing and seal replacement. Then when they tore it apart they stalled telling us they did not have the parts although they told us they did when the appointment were made. Even smells bad. They told us that they would not offer any financial support because we used a private mechanic. I will get my financial support by "NEVER BUYING ANOTHER NISSIAN". I think I am even. GO TOYOTA.

Nice Truck Pro-4X
By cascar

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 2010 used. Nice ride and awesome RF sound. Heated seats. Leather. No complaints at 72,000. Will go anywhere in snow and mud.

2010 frontier review
By lwl222

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is a 4 wheel drive and I had to use it in the snow to go to work, I had no problem on the freeway and I needed to learn the 4 wheel drive system. I drove it off road to retrieve a fellows stuck
car and had no problems driving in the snow. I am happy with this truck, and it was $10,000 cheaper than the Toyota of the same year model .
I have had it for 5 years now and it is paid for. im
very pleased with this truck.

4 wheel drive, trailer towing capability

the look of the front end

Love my Fronty
By brutus_skx

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck!
I traded in my 2006 Xterra since I needed a open truck bed but wanted to keep the same platform vehicle.
This truck is GREAT! Leather is nice and the RF stereo sounds awesome.
Good towing for the size; ok gas mileage. 16 city; 19/20 highway (70mph) 18/19 mpg (80/85mph). This truck is very capable off road; click in the 4x4 and with the rear locker you can go all over. 4lo has some real pull power. Hit the hardball and have a nice smooth ride home.
Overall a great truck; way to go Nissan!

Heated seats, heated mirrors; Rockford Fosgate stereo; 265 ponies providing some awesome giddie-up; Utili-track bed system

All the plastic parts in dash board. Couldnt it have the plastic made with the soft touch like other manufactures have (Honda)? That would cut down on the rattle quite a bit. Beef up the front diff and spider gears to keep them from blowing up when doing some serious off road wheeling. I mean thats why you have the Off Road/NISMO/PRO-4X versions right??

Did not want to like it.
By purvelo

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I seriously did not want to like this truck. I
had to purchase a truck for a new business I started. Decided on the Nissan Frontier V6 4x4 because of how well the test ride went against the other midsized trucks like the Tacoma. Solid ride,great handling for a truck, and much quieter interior compared to the noisy Tacoma. I liked the full size Ram but cost and MPG kept me away from it.So I have owned this truck for almost a year now and have to say, as much as I want to be pissed about driving a truck daily, this well made solid truck is growing on me. Nissan has built a reliable mid sized truck that feels like it can handle real truck work and yet drives rather nicely. 20.2 MPG with a 4x4!

Chassis, sprayed bed and cargo tie down system, MPG for 260hp 4x4, handling is the best of any truck I have driven. So far the reliability is amazing.

Squeaky brakes, boring interior, Diesel engine.