2010 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2010 Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Sort Reviews by

Nice Truck Pro-4X
By cascar

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 2010 used. Nice ride and awesome RF sound. Heated seats. Leather. No complaints at 72,000. Will go anywhere in snow and mud.

2010 frontier review
By lwl222

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is a 4 wheel drive and I had to use it in the snow to go to work, I had no problem on the freeway and I needed to learn the 4 wheel drive system. I drove it off road to retrieve a fellows stuck car and had no problems driving in the snow. I am happy with this truck, and it was $10,000 cheaper than the Toyota of the same year model . I have had it for 5 years now and it is paid for. im very pleased with this truck.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, trailer towing capability

Suggested Improvements

the look of the front end

Love my Fronty
By brutus_skx

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck! I traded in my 2006 Xterra since I needed a open truck bed but wanted to keep the same platform vehicle. This truck is GREAT! Leather is nice and the RF stereo sounds awesome. Good towing for the size; ok gas mileage. 16 city; 19/20 highway (70mph) 18/19 mpg (80/85mph). This truck is very capable off road; click in the 4x4 and with the rear locker you can go all over. 4lo has some real pull power. Hit the hardball and have a nice smooth ride home. Overall a great truck; way to go Nissan!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, heated mirrors; Rockford Fosgate stereo; 265 ponies providing some awesome giddie-up; Utili-track bed system

Suggested Improvements

All the plastic parts in dash board. Couldnt it have the plastic made with the soft touch like other manufactures have (Honda)? That would cut down on the rattle quite a bit. Beef up the front diff and spider gears to keep them from blowing up when doing some serious off road wheeling. I mean thats why you have the Off Road/NISMO/PRO-4X versions right??

Did not want to like it.
By purvelo

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I seriously did not want to like this truck. I had to purchase a truck for a new business I started. Decided on the Nissan Frontier V6 4x4 because of how well the test ride went against the other midsized trucks like the Tacoma. Solid ride,great handling for a truck, and much quieter interior compared to the noisy Tacoma. I liked the full size Ram but cost and MPG kept me away from it.So I have owned this truck for almost a year now and have to say, as much as I want to be pissed about driving a truck daily, this well made solid truck is growing on me. Nissan has built a reliable mid sized truck that feels like it can handle real truck work and yet drives rather nicely. 20.2 MPG with a 4x4!

Favorite Features

Chassis, sprayed bed and cargo tie down system, MPG for 260hp 4x4, handling is the best of any truck I have driven. So far the reliability is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Squeaky brakes, boring interior, Diesel engine.

Brand new truck stalling in the middle of the freeway.
By subart

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my car in May of 2010. Within a month or 3,000 miles later car stalled on the way to California from Phoenix. The engine just shut down right in the middle of the freeway, really scary as I had my whole family in there. Towed the car to the nearest dealer and they replaced a bad crank sensor. 7,000 miles and five months later - same thing. Car stalls, tow to dealer - again - bad crank sensor. I have been scared to drive it ever since - just short trips around town. The dealer just shrugged shoulders - just a couple of bad sensor in the row? This is bull. A brand new car and POS has a recurrent catastrophic failure. This is my first and the last Nissan. Should have bought a Toyota...

Favorite Features

Styling and power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability.

Love the Truck
By fortdixie

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my 2010 Frontier for over a year. Purchased the 4x4 LE with all options including the 4.0 liter V6. I must say that its one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It's tough and tight and has all the comforts necessary for long trips either on pavement or back roads. Am getting just over 19mpg on hwy and about 14mpg in the city. The power adjustable seats are great after owning a Tocoma that felt like you were setting in a bucket. The torgue is more than enough to pull a 5000 lb+ camper. The down side of towing is that no one makes a decent extension mirror like those offered on a Tundra. Have a strap-on mirror but it just won't work well. Everything else is 100%.

Favorite Features

Great leather seats, heavy top rack for hauling camping gear. Cargo lockdown system and bed liner. Interior storage space & electronics. Great styling. electronics

Suggested Improvements

The truck is great for towing, why not offer optional extensionThe truck is designed for towing, but they don't offer optional extension tow mirrors, why? tow mirrors. Drop down arm rests on seats.

Better than a Tacoma
By Jaydos

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Nissan trucks in the past and Nissan has really hit a grand slam with this Frontier. The truck has awesome power, great torque, a solid yet comfortable ride, great styling inside and out and decent fuel mileage (If driven conservatively).

Favorite Features

The folding rear seats are so awesome, this feature really creates a lot more room for cargo in the rear cabin. I also like how the 4 wheel drive engages with the turn of a knob.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest needs to be a little taller and situated closer to the gear shifter.

Good truck for the money
By ike

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck having had a 2wd version before and knowing what I was getting. I think it is a better value than the Tacoma, which I had that one as well. The Frontier engine feels stronger and gas mileage is better at around 19 to 19.5 with a 4wd. I like the so called hard plastic interior, it is easy to clean and maintain. Nissan builds a tough truck. It has a firm steering feel that controls well, but does bounce a little from having a stiffer suspension. The back seat even in a crew cab is for kids or cargo, not adults, but useful. Factory spray-in bedliner, utili-trak, and bed extender are absolutely wonderful and useful. Better price than Tacoma!

Favorite Features

Strong engine, good mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats, temp. gauge, steering wheel audio controls on lower models.

Doors swing hard, bad console
By wudzwomn

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read these before purchasing. Nissan must not read, still same issues from YEARS ago. The console is too low, no resting your arm on. And the doors swing hard, wide. Easy to door ding others if don't watch it. Otherwise I love my new truck so far. Only 3,000 miles. The bed extender rocks. No fog lights is weird. Cab is roomy. I traded my Toyota Tacoma. Got almost as much truck at much better price.

Suggested Improvements

Higher console with better storage. Tacoma had nice set up with two sections. Current Nissan version like a bucket, hard to find stuff.

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4 4dr
By jodi1988

2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this truck! With 12K miles on it, Iíve had my Nissan Frontier for a little over a year now. The Tacoma was the only other truck that compared but the Nissan price difference had me sold. Very fun to drive, love the acceleration. My mom has an old í91 Pathfinder with 280K + miles on it and hasnít had a problem yet, besides changing her battery cables. I have no doubt that my Frontier will be just as reliable.

Favorite Features

Anti skid textured bedliner, bed extending rack, body style, the amount of space.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it came with fog lights. City mileage could be better. I had a Nismo air intake installed into my truck which gave me about 45 extra miles to a tank and more horse power.