Used 2010 Nissan Frontier SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

This is the third one.
By M.E.

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I grew up driving old stick shift PUs. And I use a PU as a PU. This is my third King Cab with 4cyl/5 spd manual. Mpg with proper use of manual is a pretty steady mid-20s, up or down a few mpg depending on driving conditions and brand of gas, and reliability seems to be a given. I'm not going to bad mouth other small pickups out there. I've driven them and used them and a couple of them I really liked. But when the time came to fork over the money for a new one, I just couldn't bring myself to do it for anything other than what I think is best of breed.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage with the 4cyl/ 5spd manual and the 6 foot bed and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

I really, really would like a small turbo diesel, with a 5spd manual. I mean I really, really would like one. I drove the Jetta TDI and would have bought it if it was a PU and weren't a VW.

GREAT TRUCK!!
By Eagleuno

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Frontier. I have owned Toyota, Mazda and Nissan trucks in the past. This is a much bigger vehicle. I am getting 24.9mpg with a range of 420 miles! Very solid feel. I got the SE with a manual and the power package. (This was a HARD to find combination!) The throttle by wire takes a little getting used to but it works great. The turning radius is about 4' larger than the pre- 2005 models but again, this is not a small truck. It feels more like an Ford F150 but it gets almost 25mpg. And that is mostly city driving to boot. The manual transmission works great and really lets you maximize the mpg. I wouldn't get a 4 cyl with an automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Great looks, excellent gas mileage (better than my 2003 Frontier and it is much bigger vehicle)Very good handling. Comfortable and easy to operate. Much more comfortable than the Tacoma I test drove. Very roomy cabin.

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer to be able to get alloy wheels on the SE 4 cyl trim level. The 2003 Frontier seat material was exceptionally durable. The fabric on the 2010 seems that it may not wear well, time will tell. It would be nice to have more technology options available on the lower trim levels.