Used 2010 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nice Truck Pro-4X
By cascar

2010 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 2010 used. Nice ride and awesome RF sound. Heated seats. Leather. No complaints at 72,000. Will go anywhere in snow and mud.

2010 frontier review
By lwl222

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is a 4 wheel drive and I had to use it in the snow to go to work, I had no problem on the freeway and I needed to learn the 4 wheel drive system. I drove it off road to retrieve a fellows stuck car and had no problems driving in the snow. I am happy with this truck, and it was $10,000 cheaper than the Toyota of the same year model . I have had it for 5 years now and it is paid for. im very pleased with this truck.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, trailer towing capability

Suggested Improvements

the look of the front end

Love my Fronty
By brutus_skx

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck! I traded in my 2006 Xterra since I needed a open truck bed but wanted to keep the same platform vehicle. This truck is GREAT! Leather is nice and the RF stereo sounds awesome. Good towing for the size; ok gas mileage. 16 city; 19/20 highway (70mph) 18/19 mpg (80/85mph). This truck is very capable off road; click in the 4x4 and with the rear locker you can go all over. 4lo has some real pull power. Hit the hardball and have a nice smooth ride home. Overall a great truck; way to go Nissan!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, heated mirrors; Rockford Fosgate stereo; 265 ponies providing some awesome giddie-up; Utili-track bed system

Suggested Improvements

All the plastic parts in dash board. Couldnt it have the plastic made with the soft touch like other manufactures have (Honda)? That would cut down on the rattle quite a bit. Beef up the front diff and spider gears to keep them from blowing up when doing some serious off road wheeling. I mean thats why you have the Off Road/NISMO/PRO-4X versions right??

Did not want to like it.
By purvelo

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I seriously did not want to like this truck. I had to purchase a truck for a new business I started. Decided on the Nissan Frontier V6 4x4 because of how well the test ride went against the other midsized trucks like the Tacoma. Solid ride,great handling for a truck, and much quieter interior compared to the noisy Tacoma. I liked the full size Ram but cost and MPG kept me away from it.So I have owned this truck for almost a year now and have to say, as much as I want to be pissed about driving a truck daily, this well made solid truck is growing on me. Nissan has built a reliable mid sized truck that feels like it can handle real truck work and yet drives rather nicely. 20.2 MPG with a 4x4!

Favorite Features

Chassis, sprayed bed and cargo tie down system, MPG for 260hp 4x4, handling is the best of any truck I have driven. So far the reliability is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Squeaky brakes, boring interior, Diesel engine.

Watch your spare tire...
By ctom

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an SE King Cab and have liked it with the manual and V-6: great acceleration and fun to drive. My issue is that despite having paid for Nissan spare tire lock, the spare was stolen within weeks and Nissan is refusing to do anything. The ease of stealing spare tires is big issue for Nissan trucks & SUVs (I had two stolen off 2008 Pathfinder) and it's very hard to find a way to secure them. Almost every Nissan SUV owner in my neighborhood that I've spoken with has same issue. Dealer said Nissan lock would suffice, but the thieves just bypassed it and removed everything from above the spare - and yes, they also stole the lock!! Will cost me $1,000 to replace it all. Very unhappy...

Favorite Features

Acceleration and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to really protect the spare. Until then, no more Nissans for me...