2009 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Little BIG truck!

2009 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

PRO-4X King Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

Little BIG truck!
By rd on

2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

AWESOME ! This is without a doubt the best truck for the buck I've owned since I bought my first Toyota in 1982. What those trucks did for Toyota this truck should do for Nissan. I read that the output of this 6-cyl was near the F-150 and I had towed with the F-150 (22 ft Boston Whaler Dauntless), so I bought it. It pulls her out of the ramp in the snow and ice we get here in Montana, 4-wheels the mountains and gets over 20 MPG if I don't go over 70 MPH. It does a whole lot better on premium and lousy if you put in alcohol contaminated gasoline. I know that because I took this truck across country towing a smaller boat. Geared right for whatever you want a truck to do.

Favorite Features

I thought the hill button was a joke when I bought the rig...now I use it all the time. Like the heated seats, tie downs in bed, the way the back seats fold up, hell I love everything about this truck except that it can't fly

Suggested Improvements

Shift-able automatic. I wish NISSAN made this truck in a turbo diesel with enough power to pull and good road economy .... or make a diesel for the Titan and blow everyone else out of the pond!