Used 2009 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

I Love This Truck
By Gary

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Frontier a year, now. If I had it do again, I would still buy this truck. I looked at the Dakota and the Tacoma, and wasn't very impressed. First, I liked the look of the Frontier. But, when I drove one, that was it. The power, felt like a V-8. Too me, it was just what I wanted in a truck.

I like the dash lights at night, it's different. The radio and CD player is great. I like the back seats, they aren't the bench type. I like the four tie down eyes in each corner of the bed. The transmission and V-6 engine, are flawless.

The arm rest is too short. The turning radius requires some getting use to, doesn't turn as sharp as what I'm used to.

A KEEPER, AT LEAST FOR NOW
By RUBICON4X4

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months good power and economy combination, average low 20's unless in 4 wheel drive. OE tires are mediocre for snow and mud, but do fine on dry roads: disappointing to need new tires since I live in an area that has snow 4- 5 months. Surprised that neither the salesman or sales manager knew that this truck does have a break in period. More truck for the price than I could have gotten a Toyota for. Radio works well, even in fringe reception areas. Radio and heater controls are easy to reach and understand.

Very comfortable on long trips, lots of room and good storage in the cab. Excellent heat and AC. Easy to handle and great visibility.

If I had known that you cannot put tire chains on all 4 wheels before buying, would have looked elsewhere. A 4x4 truck that can only use limited clearance chains on the rear and no chains on the front is a real disappointment. My next truck will have room for standard chains all around.

Better Than I Expected
By *El Ocho1*

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this slightly used (8930 miles on it) 2009 Frontier King Cab SE. I mainly needed a truck for work & my two main criteria were confort & reliability. I had originally been looking for a Toyota Tacoma, but for the price of my Frontier I would of got an '06 Tacoma with a lot more miles on it. After driving my Frontier for 2 weeks now I am happier than ever. The truck is very comfortable for me (6'4") & performs great! It feels like a big truck, while keeping smaller dimensions. Looks very aggressive & rides like a car. every time my wife gets in it she comments on how comfortable it is! Hands down a better value than a Tacoma, much more bang for your buck!

Exterior styling, Nice wheels, nice interior with very comfortable seats, Super smooth ride, Rides like a car but is very capable in rough terrain. Good ground clearance. Good powerful engine, lot of torque & HP.

Better turning radius, bigger mirrors, better speakers, could improve gas mileage, but hey, it's a truck!

This Truck Is A Keeper ! ! ! !
By MaximusStimulus

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have just over 4K miles on this truck. I consider it the best looking truck in it's class. It handles well. The ride is slightly stiff but not bad. (Hey...It's a truck...wink) The engine is adequate and the 5 speed auto transmission shifts smooth. The interior is unusually quiet when on the road. (Good sound proofing.) I have the base stereo and it sounds above average. I consider the fit and finish on this truck to be top quality and I look very closely when buying. The interior has excellent quality plastic (dash and door panels, etc) compared to some I've seen. I get 20-22 MPG on combination driving. I haven't done a strictly highway trip...yet. I am completely satisfied ! ! !

I like the overall look of this truck. The Taco, Dodge, have ugly front ends. The Ranger's have the same basic look the last 10 or years. I like the ride. It gets good fuel mileage. I have a friend that has an older one with 330K miles and still going. Excellent reliability. Word Up Dog !

I wish it had a switch to adjust the instrument panel lights at night. I like to run mine just a bit dimmer. Other than that.....I am satisfied with this truck. (wink)

solid performance
By holeintherock

2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

solid pleasing performance, have had in some serious off road situations and it has tackled them with confidence, ride is a little stiff on highway but that was expected with this truck as equipped, good ground clearance, would like to see an upgrade in OE tires, but they have done well,i could do without the roof rack that came with the truck, the only off road issue has been the side step rails that I have scraped a couple of times

stereo system is excellent, traction package useful, great power from engine, heated seats make wife happy

longer center armrest on console,compass,temp in mirror would be nice, less plastic.