2009 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
good truck
By eracer08 on 09/27/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Rides great for a truck. Good power from the 4.0V6.

2009 Frontier
By Susan on 09/08/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Been Toyota Tacoma driver for 14 years. Frontier seems ok so far. Rides a little ruff, think it's going to be a rattling truck. Hearing some noises already, bought on 7/31. Stereo is very nice so w/volume up can't hear noises. 4cy automatic doesn't do too well w/cruise on. Like roominess cab, love access doors. Bigger than my 1995 Tacoma so I'm getting used to tighter turning radius. Did cash for clunker & couldn't get Toyota. If I had do overs I might would have taken my chances on waiting to get Tacoma, that was my 1st choice. Just not sure it's going to last me 14 years like last truck. On this review, I'm not sure I chose the right style. It's 4Cy, king cab, power package, full bed

One tough truck.
By justin on 08/06/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine after a 3 month search, the guy at the dealership was great at finding my truck, and he gave me a great deal. I love this truck. Its rugged, and can take a beating. After a few rough off-road sessions and about 20k miles, the suspension loosened up a little more than I would have liked, but I should have bought the Pro 4X, which I am going to do now that my truck has been totaled in an accident. Which is another reason I love this truck, it took a 60 mph head on collision with a utility trailer & truck when they came into my lane from the other direction. I walked away, but the truck was totaled, but the important thing is it saved me.

Great mid size truck
By William on 08/04/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The cash for clunkers program stimulated me to trade but it would have been well worth it, even if I had to pay the extra $4500. Nice ride, better mileage than what I was driving and looks great. The 4 cylinder is sufficient for my purpose of mostly driving and some hauling.

Follow Up to June17th review.
By JET on 07/31/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my original review, I mentioned that the brakes produced a strange feel just before a complete stop and immediately after acceleration. I took my truck in to the local Az Nissan dealer to have the oil changed and to check the condition of the brakes. I also wanted them to check the driver's side sun visor because it seemed loose and does not stay against the windshield. When I went to pick up the truck, the service manager told me that these conditions were observed with other like vehicles on the lot and that the condition was considered as being normal. If you purchase one of these 2009 Frontiers and expect the dealer to "fix" these conditions, think again. They were no help at all.

2009 Nissan Frontier/ XE
By Dennis on 07/29/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Nissan Frontier, I've owned and drove my 2001 for 8 years and I must say it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, I still own it. I've owned the new Frontier for 2 months now and the only complaints I have thus far is the drivers seat and the center console.

pain to drive
By tom on 07/22/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned the frontier for about 4 mo. Previously owned a gmc sierra ext. Cab 4 dr. I drive the frontier to work every day, siff suspension and jerking of the steering wheel when I hit a pot hole spoils the fun of driving. I've never seen any car do that before. For some reason u can't turn wheels too fast when puling to park, even with two hands there seems to be strong resistance. Turning radius is awful, can't make a u-turn on a 2-way street, previous truck did it with ease. Engine is not as responsive as I would like it to be, everything is electronic even gas pedal. When need to quickly accelerate at 60 mph it takes 2 sec for transmission to downshift a gear and then it downshift one more gr

Great Truck!
By Great Truck! on 07/13/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a good bit of research before deciding on this Frontier, and I'm totally happy with my decision. I looked at Tacoma, Ridgeline, Dakota, and Colorado before I decided on the Frontier. I have 500 miles and have gotten about 17mpg in mostly city driving in Atlanta with the A/C running (better than I expected). Overall, the truck rides well, looks good, is comfortable, and can haul a decent amount for it's size. It definitely fits my needs for a commuter truck that becomes a work truck on the weekends.

Pleasantly surprised! What a gem!
By VQ_Man on 07/09/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2007 Mazda3 due to the rough winters in the northeast. I never really considered a Frontier, but I'm glad I checked it out! Wow! What a truck! The ride quality blew me away and is far superior to the Tacoma. The engine is refined and powerful. I don't really baby the truck for mileage, but I've managed 20 in the city, which is way better than I thought. No major highway trips yet, so I can't comment on highway mileage. The long bed option is awesome and the spray in bedliner and utili-track system are great features. If you're in the market for a mid-sized truck, do yourself a favor and test drive this beauty. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Research
By Marty Rollinson on 07/06/09 06:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Edmunds:reviews this is a good truck, been Toyota man since 68 corona, glad I researched, this frontier has surprised me with ride, motor, tran.! 4wd but mpg is great, getting better mpg than Tacoma 4cy 4wd that I had !

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Frontier in VA is:

$126 per month*