Used 2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Little BIG truck!
By rd

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

AWESOME ! This is without a doubt the best truck for the buck I've owned since I bought my first Toyota in 1982. What those trucks did for Toyota this truck should do for Nissan. I read that the output of this 6-cyl was near the F-150 and I had towed with the F-150 (22 ft Boston Whaler Dauntless), so I bought it. It pulls her out of the ramp in the snow and ice we get here in Montana, 4-wheels the mountains and gets over 20 MPG if I don't go over 70 MPH. It does a whole lot better on premium and lousy if you put in alcohol contaminated gasoline. I know that because I took this truck across country towing a smaller boat. Geared right for whatever you want a truck to do.

Favorite Features

I thought the hill button was a joke when I bought the rig...now I use it all the time. Like the heated seats, tie downs in bed, the way the back seats fold up, hell I love everything about this truck except that it can't fly

Suggested Improvements

Shift-able automatic. I wish NISSAN made this truck in a turbo diesel with enough power to pull and good road economy .... or make a diesel for the Titan and blow everyone else out of the pond!

Hooked on the King Cab 4cyl 5man
By jkw

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third King Cab 4cyl 5/man since 1985. 'Nuff said.

Favorite Features

4cyl 5/man king cab

Suggested Improvements

If Nissan can make a Frontier Patrol???

Horrible Truck
By Larry McEnnis

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Possibly the worse vehicle I've every owned? All of the companies that write reviews for this truck want to praise it, then why didn't I get the same truck they rave about? The front suspension is horrible. It will not drive straight on the pavement, it wonders from side to side, and heaven forbid if you hit a pothole as it will throw the truck sideways. And talk about bump steer, I've never experianced a truck whose steering wheel yanks to the side when you hit a bump. The steering will flat wear you out if you take it on a dirt road. It will want to pull the wheel side to side with every bump. I have owned trucks for 40 years and this is the worse. I can't wait to sell it.

Favorite Features

Good looking, good power, and good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the front end suspension! Part of the problem might be the overly large sway bar, as this will transmit every bump into the whole vehicle.

I Love This Truck
By Gary

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Frontier a year, now. If I had it do again, I would still buy this truck. I looked at the Dakota and the Tacoma, and wasn't very impressed. First, I liked the look of the Frontier. But, when I drove one, that was it. The power, felt like a V-8. Too me, it was just what I wanted in a truck.

Favorite Features

I like the dash lights at night, it's different. The radio and CD player is great. I like the back seats, they aren't the bench type. I like the four tie down eyes in each corner of the bed. The transmission and V-6 engine, are flawless.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest is too short. The turning radius requires some getting use to, doesn't turn as sharp as what I'm used to.

Better Than I Expected
By *El Ocho1*

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this slightly used (8930 miles on it) 2009 Frontier King Cab SE. I mainly needed a truck for work & my two main criteria were confort & reliability. I had originally been looking for a Toyota Tacoma, but for the price of my Frontier I would of got an '06 Tacoma with a lot more miles on it. After driving my Frontier for 2 weeks now I am happier than ever. The truck is very comfortable for me (6'4") & performs great! It feels like a big truck, while keeping smaller dimensions. Looks very aggressive & rides like a car. every time my wife gets in it she comments on how comfortable it is! Hands down a better value than a Tacoma, much more bang for your buck!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, Nice wheels, nice interior with very comfortable seats, Super smooth ride, Rides like a car but is very capable in rough terrain. Good ground clearance. Good powerful engine, lot of torque & HP.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius, bigger mirrors, better speakers, could improve gas mileage, but hey, it's a truck!