2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Little BIG truck!
By rd on 08/20/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

AWESOME ! This is without a doubt the best truck for the buck I've owned since I bought my first Toyota in 1982. What those trucks did for Toyota this truck should do for Nissan. I read that the output of this 6-cyl was near the F-150 and I had towed with the F-150 (22 ft Boston Whaler Dauntless), so I bought it. It pulls her out of the ramp in the snow and ice we get here in Montana, 4-wheels the mountains and gets over 20 MPG if I don't go over 70 MPH. It does a whole lot better on premium and lousy if you put in alcohol contaminated gasoline. I know that because I took this truck across country towing a smaller boat. Geared right for whatever you want a truck to do.

Hooked on the King Cab 4cyl 5man
By jkw on 04/28/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third King Cab 4cyl 5/man since 1985. 'Nuff said.

Horrible Truck
By Larry McEnnis on 04/23/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Possibly the worse vehicle I've every owned? All of the companies that write reviews for this truck want to praise it, then why didn't I get the same truck they rave about? The front suspension is horrible. It will not drive straight on the pavement, it wonders from side to side, and heaven forbid if you hit a pothole as it will throw the truck sideways. And talk about bump steer, I've never experianced a truck whose steering wheel yanks to the side when you hit a bump. The steering will flat wear you out if you take it on a dirt road. It will want to pull the wheel side to side with every bump. I have owned trucks for 40 years and this is the worse. I can't wait to sell it.

I Love This Truck
By Gary on 04/17/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Frontier a year, now. If I had it do again, I would still buy this truck. I looked at the Dakota and the Tacoma, and wasn't very impressed. First, I liked the look of the Frontier. But, when I drove one, that was it. The power, felt like a V-8. Too me, it was just what I wanted in a truck.

Better Than I Expected
By *El Ocho1* on 12/04/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this slightly used (8930 miles on it) 2009 Frontier King Cab SE. I mainly needed a truck for work & my two main criteria were confort & reliability. I had originally been looking for a Toyota Tacoma, but for the price of my Frontier I would of got an '06 Tacoma with a lot more miles on it. After driving my Frontier for 2 weeks now I am happier than ever. The truck is very comfortable for me (6'4") & performs great! It feels like a big truck, while keeping smaller dimensions. Looks very aggressive & rides like a car. every time my wife gets in it she comments on how comfortable it is! Hands down a better value than a Tacoma, much more bang for your buck!

This Truck Is A Keeper ! ! ! !
By MaximusStimulus on 11/29/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have just over 4K miles on this truck. I consider it the best looking truck in it's class. It handles well. The ride is slightly stiff but not bad. (Hey...It's a truck...wink) The engine is adequate and the 5 speed auto transmission shifts smooth. The interior is unusually quiet when on the road. (Good sound proofing.) I have the base stereo and it sounds above average. I consider the fit and finish on this truck to be top quality and I look very closely when buying. The interior has excellent quality plastic (dash and door panels, etc) compared to some I've seen. I get 20-22 MPG on combination driving. I haven't done a strictly highway trip...yet. I am completely satisfied ! ! !

2009 Frontier
By Susan on 09/08/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Been Toyota Tacoma driver for 14 years. Frontier seems ok so far. Rides a little ruff, think it's going to be a rattling truck. Hearing some noises already, bought on 7/31. Stereo is very nice so w/volume up can't hear noises. 4cy automatic doesn't do too well w/cruise on. Like roominess cab, love access doors. Bigger than my 1995 Tacoma so I'm getting used to tighter turning radius. Did cash for clunker & couldn't get Toyota. If I had do overs I might would have taken my chances on waiting to get Tacoma, that was my 1st choice. Just not sure it's going to last me 14 years like last truck. On this review, I'm not sure I chose the right style. It's 4Cy, king cab, power package, full bed

One tough truck.
By justin on 08/06/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine after a 3 month search, the guy at the dealership was great at finding my truck, and he gave me a great deal. I love this truck. Its rugged, and can take a beating. After a few rough off-road sessions and about 20k miles, the suspension loosened up a little more than I would have liked, but I should have bought the Pro 4X, which I am going to do now that my truck has been totaled in an accident. Which is another reason I love this truck, it took a 60 mph head on collision with a utility trailer & truck when they came into my lane from the other direction. I walked away, but the truck was totaled, but the important thing is it saved me.

Great mid size truck
By William on 08/04/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The cash for clunkers program stimulated me to trade but it would have been well worth it, even if I had to pay the extra $4500. Nice ride, better mileage than what I was driving and looks great. The 4 cylinder is sufficient for my purpose of mostly driving and some hauling.

2009 Nissan Frontier/ XE
By Dennis on 07/29/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Nissan Frontier, I've owned and drove my 2001 for 8 years and I must say it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, I still own it. I've owned the new Frontier for 2 months now and the only complaints I have thus far is the drivers seat and the center console.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Frontier King-cab in VA is:

$126 per month*