2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Truck
By moloch16 on 04/23/10 05:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for almost a year now and I am very happy. The truck drives very well and is tightly made. I commute in this truck and get about 19mpg on a regular basis (I have a bunch of stop lights to go through). This truck can do it all - commute, tow, haul, offroad!

A KEEPER, AT LEAST FOR NOW
By RUBICON4X4 on 01/07/10 18:52 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months good power and economy combination, average low 20's unless in 4 wheel drive. OE tires are mediocre for snow and mud, but do fine on dry roads: disappointing to need new tires since I live in an area that has snow 4- 5 months. Surprised that neither the salesman or sales manager knew that this truck does have a break in period. More truck for the price than I could have gotten a Toyota for. Radio works well, even in fringe reception areas. Radio and heater controls are easy to reach and understand.

solid performance
By holeintherock on 10/31/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

solid pleasing performance, have had in some serious off road situations and it has tackled them with confidence, ride is a little stiff on highway but that was expected with this truck as equipped, good ground clearance, would like to see an upgrade in OE tires, but they have done well,i could do without the roof rack that came with the truck, the only off road issue has been the side step rails that I have scraped a couple of times

good truck
By eracer08 on 09/27/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Rides great for a truck. Good power from the 4.0V6.

Follow Up to June17th review.
By JET on 07/31/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my original review, I mentioned that the brakes produced a strange feel just before a complete stop and immediately after acceleration. I took my truck in to the local Az Nissan dealer to have the oil changed and to check the condition of the brakes. I also wanted them to check the driver's side sun visor because it seemed loose and does not stay against the windshield. When I went to pick up the truck, the service manager told me that these conditions were observed with other like vehicles on the lot and that the condition was considered as being normal. If you purchase one of these 2009 Frontiers and expect the dealer to "fix" these conditions, think again. They were no help at all.

pain to drive
By tom on 07/22/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned the frontier for about 4 mo. Previously owned a gmc sierra ext. Cab 4 dr. I drive the frontier to work every day, siff suspension and jerking of the steering wheel when I hit a pot hole spoils the fun of driving. I've never seen any car do that before. For some reason u can't turn wheels too fast when puling to park, even with two hands there seems to be strong resistance. Turning radius is awful, can't make a u-turn on a 2-way street, previous truck did it with ease. Engine is not as responsive as I would like it to be, everything is electronic even gas pedal. When need to quickly accelerate at 60 mph it takes 2 sec for transmission to downshift a gear and then it downshift one more gr

Great Truck!
By Great Truck! on 07/13/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a good bit of research before deciding on this Frontier, and I'm totally happy with my decision. I looked at Tacoma, Ridgeline, Dakota, and Colorado before I decided on the Frontier. I have 500 miles and have gotten about 17mpg in mostly city driving in Atlanta with the A/C running (better than I expected). Overall, the truck rides well, looks good, is comfortable, and can haul a decent amount for it's size. It definitely fits my needs for a commuter truck that becomes a work truck on the weekends.

Pleasantly surprised! What a gem!
By VQ_Man on 07/09/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2007 Mazda3 due to the rough winters in the northeast. I never really considered a Frontier, but I'm glad I checked it out! Wow! What a truck! The ride quality blew me away and is far superior to the Tacoma. The engine is refined and powerful. I don't really baby the truck for mileage, but I've managed 20 in the city, which is way better than I thought. No major highway trips yet, so I can't comment on highway mileage. The long bed option is awesome and the spray in bedliner and utili-track system are great features. If you're in the market for a mid-sized truck, do yourself a favor and test drive this beauty. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Research
By Marty Rollinson on 07/06/09 06:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Edmunds:reviews this is a good truck, been Toyota man since 68 corona, glad I researched, this frontier has surprised me with ride, motor, tran.! 4wd but mpg is great, getting better mpg than Tacoma 4cy 4wd that I had !

It's a truck... Really.
By Scott on 07/02/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After considering a variety of cars to upgrade to from my previous vehicle, I chose the Frontier as it provided a high level of features, great build quality, and is very comfortable to drive both around the city and on long HWY hauls. As a commuter vehicle, the Frontier has all the necessary comforts and features of a comparable sedan while also handling well. However, as I also needed a vehicle that would accommodate the tools and supplies used for home renovation, the Frontier was an easy choice to make as even with the 5ft bed it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.