Used 2009 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

good little truck
By Harrison Pucine

2009 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I know the vehicle was maintained mechanically, I was the one who took care of the maintenance.

Nissan the next GM
By cop74

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Buyer beware, Nissan is using poor quality parts, expect expensive repairs at 40,000 miles, sound familiar, putting cheap parts in cars how did that work out for GM. Do not waste your hard earned money on poor quality.

Start using solid well manufactured parts.

Little BIG truck!
By rd

2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

AWESOME ! This is without a doubt the best truck for the buck I've owned since I bought my first Toyota in 1982. What those trucks did for Toyota this truck should do for Nissan. I read that the output of this 6-cyl was near the F-150 and I had towed with the F-150 (22 ft Boston Whaler Dauntless), so I bought it. It pulls her out of the ramp in the snow and ice we get here in Montana, 4-wheels the mountains and gets over 20 MPG if I don't go over 70 MPH. It does a whole lot better on premium and lousy if you put in alcohol contaminated gasoline. I know that because I took this truck across country towing a smaller boat. Geared right for whatever you want a truck to do.

I thought the hill button was a joke when I bought the rig...now I use it all the time. Like the heated seats, tie downs in bed, the way the back seats fold up, hell I love everything about this truck except that it can't fly

Shift-able automatic. I wish NISSAN made this truck in a turbo diesel with enough power to pull and good road economy .... or make a diesel for the Titan and blow everyone else out of the pond!

Hooked on the King Cab 4cyl 5man
By jkw

2009 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third King Cab 4cyl 5/man since 1985. 'Nuff said.

4cyl 5/man king cab

If Nissan can make a Frontier Patrol???

Horrible Truck
By Larry McEnnis

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Possibly the worse vehicle I've every owned? All of the companies that write reviews for this truck want to praise it, then why didn't I get the same truck they rave about? The front suspension is horrible. It will not drive straight on the pavement, it wonders from side to side, and heaven forbid if you hit a pothole as it will throw the truck sideways. And talk about bump steer, I've never experianced a truck whose steering wheel yanks to the side when you hit a bump. The steering will flat wear you out if you take it on a dirt road. It will want to pull the wheel side to side with every bump. I have owned trucks for 40 years and this is the worse. I can't wait to sell it.

Good looking, good power, and good gas mileage.

Fix the front end suspension! Part of the problem might be the overly large sway bar, as this will transmit every bump into the whole vehicle.

• SUV