2009 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Nissan the next GM
By cop74 on 08/05/14 13:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Buyer beware, Nissan is using poor quality parts, expect expensive repairs at 40,000 miles, sound familiar, putting cheap parts in cars how did that work out for GM. Do not waste your hard earned money on poor quality.

Little BIG truck!
By rd on 08/20/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

AWESOME ! This is without a doubt the best truck for the buck I've owned since I bought my first Toyota in 1982. What those trucks did for Toyota this truck should do for Nissan. I read that the output of this 6-cyl was near the F-150 and I had towed with the F-150 (22 ft Boston Whaler Dauntless), so I bought it. It pulls her out of the ramp in the snow and ice we get here in Montana, 4-wheels the mountains and gets over 20 MPG if I don't go over 70 MPH. It does a whole lot better on premium and lousy if you put in alcohol contaminated gasoline. I know that because I took this truck across country towing a smaller boat. Geared right for whatever you want a truck to do.

Hooked on the King Cab 4cyl 5man
By jkw on 04/28/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third King Cab 4cyl 5/man since 1985. 'Nuff said.

Horrible Truck
By Larry McEnnis on 04/23/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Possibly the worse vehicle I've every owned? All of the companies that write reviews for this truck want to praise it, then why didn't I get the same truck they rave about? The front suspension is horrible. It will not drive straight on the pavement, it wonders from side to side, and heaven forbid if you hit a pothole as it will throw the truck sideways. And talk about bump steer, I've never experianced a truck whose steering wheel yanks to the side when you hit a bump. The steering will flat wear you out if you take it on a dirt road. It will want to pull the wheel side to side with every bump. I have owned trucks for 40 years and this is the worse. I can't wait to sell it.

Great Truck
By moloch16 on 04/23/10 05:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for almost a year now and I am very happy. The truck drives very well and is tightly made. I commute in this truck and get about 19mpg on a regular basis (I have a bunch of stop lights to go through). This truck can do it all - commute, tow, haul, offroad!

I Love This Truck
By Gary on 04/17/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Frontier a year, now. If I had it do again, I would still buy this truck. I looked at the Dakota and the Tacoma, and wasn't very impressed. First, I liked the look of the Frontier. But, when I drove one, that was it. The power, felt like a V-8. Too me, it was just what I wanted in a truck.

A KEEPER, AT LEAST FOR NOW
By RUBICON4X4 on 01/07/10 18:52 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months good power and economy combination, average low 20's unless in 4 wheel drive. OE tires are mediocre for snow and mud, but do fine on dry roads: disappointing to need new tires since I live in an area that has snow 4- 5 months. Surprised that neither the salesman or sales manager knew that this truck does have a break in period. More truck for the price than I could have gotten a Toyota for. Radio works well, even in fringe reception areas. Radio and heater controls are easy to reach and understand.

Better Than I Expected
By *El Ocho1* on 12/04/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this slightly used (8930 miles on it) 2009 Frontier King Cab SE. I mainly needed a truck for work & my two main criteria were confort & reliability. I had originally been looking for a Toyota Tacoma, but for the price of my Frontier I would of got an '06 Tacoma with a lot more miles on it. After driving my Frontier for 2 weeks now I am happier than ever. The truck is very comfortable for me (6'4") & performs great! It feels like a big truck, while keeping smaller dimensions. Looks very aggressive & rides like a car. every time my wife gets in it she comments on how comfortable it is! Hands down a better value than a Tacoma, much more bang for your buck!

This Truck Is A Keeper ! ! ! !
By MaximusStimulus on 11/29/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have just over 4K miles on this truck. I consider it the best looking truck in it's class. It handles well. The ride is slightly stiff but not bad. (Hey...It's a truck...wink) The engine is adequate and the 5 speed auto transmission shifts smooth. The interior is unusually quiet when on the road. (Good sound proofing.) I have the base stereo and it sounds above average. I consider the fit and finish on this truck to be top quality and I look very closely when buying. The interior has excellent quality plastic (dash and door panels, etc) compared to some I've seen. I get 20-22 MPG on combination driving. I haven't done a strictly highway trip...yet. I am completely satisfied ! ! !

solid performance
By holeintherock on 10/31/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

solid pleasing performance, have had in some serious off road situations and it has tackled them with confidence, ride is a little stiff on highway but that was expected with this truck as equipped, good ground clearance, would like to see an upgrade in OE tires, but they have done well,i could do without the roof rack that came with the truck, the only off road issue has been the side step rails that I have scraped a couple of times

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Frontier in VA is:

$126 per month*