Reliability requirement met
By Lou on
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I drive a lot of miles (25,000/year) so a reliable vehicle is my primary concern - followed by 4X4 as I live in a rural area. So far both are met in this vehicle. At present I have 10,000 miles (5 months) so have had a chance to knock it about a bit. The ride is a bit harsh, but not unexpected. Interior is a bit plain, though functional. I have developed one small buzz in the dash in this point. No other issues to date with build/function. The sound quality of the radio does improve over time. Wish it had an ipod jack standard. Despite the many miles there are so far no chips nor blemishes in the paint. Seats need less front cushion or more rear cushion. Overall: Good truck
Favorite Features
Reliability/build both seem up to challenge. Visibility is good, Highway mileage at 22MPG seems great for a 4X4 vehicle of this size. Power is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
More adjustment and/or better cushion at rear of seat (front of seat bolster cuts off circulation in my legs). iPod/MP3 input jack needed. Fog lights and locking gas cap should be part of SE package. The drop-in bed liner needs either more or better located tie-down points (a small issue).