Hot Rod Nissan
By Jake on
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Just like almost everyone else writing here, it was between the Tacoma and Frontier for me. Always wanted a Tacoma, until I drove the Frontier. More options for $2000 less than the Tacoma, more interior room, bigger engine, 4-wheel discs, and traction control. The engine revs like my dad's G35, I had to get out and check under the hood to make sure it wasn't the same engine. Nope, just the same technology. The truck also rides much sportier than the Tacoma, again, makes me feel like I am driving that Infiniti again. I am getting between 17-18 MPG around town going from work and back, but I also don't hammer on it.
Favorite Features
High revving, Infiniti sounding engine. SE value package a must! 4-wheel discs, durable seats, legroom! The big chrome grill with my shiny black paint.
Suggested Improvements
The stock stereo sounded like a transistor radio. Needless to say, that came out within the first month. Soft compound OEM tires. I can tell these will last around 30K miles, oh perfect, just in time for my lease to end. Oh the color black is a love hate thing as well.