Used 2008 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

6 mos review: still doing great!
By white knight

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is about 6 mos of use and 5,600 miles on the odometer. Turning circle is rather large but this is do in part to the longer wheel base and that is what helps provide a smooth highway ride. Still very comfortable on long trips. Very quiet interior, with little road, tire, or wind noise. I have averaged 24 mpg on regular fuel since I purchased this 6 mos ago. Mostly highway driving.

Disc brakes all the way around, very good shocks give smooth ride. Smooth shifting tranny. Like all the pockets in the doors and rear bedlight comes on when doors have been opened (very helpful at night)

Could use steering wheel telescopic feature. Also, center console arm rest should be lengthened so if seat is pulled forward the driver's elbow can reach it. Have as standard a locking gas cap or a fuel cap release in the cab.

Rev Happy V6
By NISSANONLY1

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is very fun to drive it is just the right side for what I use it for. I considered a Titan but it was a little to big for my need. The Frontier is a great truck I would recommend that anyone in the market for a mid size truck take one on a test drive before they purchase another make.

V6 power and the ride height

Upgrade the radio in the LE package. Use some of the material from the Pathfinder on the interior.

Great truck
By gene

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Checked out Frontier, Tacoma and Ranger. I wanted a 2 wheel drive and really disliked the Tacoma 2 wheel drive appearance. I had owned two Rangers and felt, after the drive, that the Frontier was the most bang for the buck. I have not been disappointed.

The set up of the dash. The access to the rear area, so easy to get items in and out. The truck is so user friendly. The gas mileage was a pleasant surprise.

The turning radius.

First 4000 miles
By Bob

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took over 10 months to make final decision, finally convinced myself to go back to a truck (had a Volvo sedan for the last 4 years, big mistake). Even though only in my first 4k miles, this purchase turned out to be a smart move. Lots of power, room, storage and style. Fun to drive and so far, no real complaints. Great truck!

Driving comfort, very smooth transmission, clearance, factory bedliner, did I mention power?

Radio is disappointing. Exhaust has tin heat shields, These will start to loosen up soon and the inevitable rattling will begin. However, I didn't buy it for the radio and the shields will be easily corrected (if necessary). Oh yes, can't forget that darn armrest... Nissan? what were you thinking??

Great Deal
By truckowner

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only had the truck a little over a month, but I am very pleased. The power is exceptional, as is the ride and handling. Very little road noise. The truck handles 4 adults in comfort. Glad I chose this over the larger trucks.

Power and fun drive. Tight responsive steering. Comfortable seats.

The only complaint is the turning radius.