2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Excellent "compromise" choice
By Geodude on 03/27/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I live in the Northeast and owned an earlier version of the 2WD Frontier (a 2000), so there have been a handful of days each year where I have said "I'm getting a 4-wheel drive next time," but when that time came, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to go with the 14 - 19 mpg. This is my primary commuter, and I just couldn't justify it. That having been said, this truck at least makes you feel like you chose the 4 X 4, with its high riding position, decidedly big-truck suspension and aggresive styling. If you can bring yourself to own up to it, you'll find the four cyl engine is plenty tough enough for weekend chores, hauling a popup and merging onto the highway.

Excellent Truck
By CP in STL on 03/27/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Crew Cab 4x4 LE with floor mats, hitch & cloth interior in March 2008. Traded in a 2002 Ranger. Driving position is comfortable and the feel on the road is solid and sturdy. With the 261hp engine, good acceleration and the BF Goodrich OEM tires are good, but not great. The turning circle is a bit too big for the size of the vehicle. I like the covered/weather tight hitch connection. Two glove boxes are nice, but one could be cooled. The steering wheel mounted cruise control buttons are not illuminated at night. The orange dash lights should be blue for easier night vision adjustment.

I love this truck
By Robert on 02/29/08 23:15 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the truck and have only been driving it for about two weeks. I love this truck. I have always liked Nissan Frontiers, found them to be very reliable. This truck is a winner. I do wish the arm rest was longer though and it got better gas mileage, but overall I'm very satisfied.

New Truck
By pahunter on 02/27/08 21:33 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only have 170 mi on odometer. Drove home to Littleton from Greeley, CO on I-25 at 75MPH. Truck surprised me on the broken concrete with the amount of bump steer. Front end of the truck gets light and jumps all over. Wife following me in our van and I noticed swaying in the long bed when changing lanes at 75 MPH (not to severe). Other than that this truck is a pleasure to drive. I enjoy the power and solid truck feel. I bought the truck to tow my Ford Windstar while we are traveling. Surprised to find out that UHaul considers this truck too small to haul my Windstar on their tow dolly. Nissan owner's manual also recommends electric braked trailer to haul anything over 1000 lbs. Recommend!

White knight's first review
By white knight on 02/18/08 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this truck within the past week so please keep this in mind when reviewing this score. This is an impressive truck with a quiet and smooth ride (could feel no vibration from the 4cylinder engine). this is a 4x2, with manual 5 speed tranny. Shifts smoothly. Great outward visibility. As soon as the artic conditions moderate here I plan to drive this vehicle a lot. Right now truck and I are hibernating. I will review this truck once a year.

Very Satisfied
By Bob on 01/21/08 17:33 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 1000 miles on it and am well satisfied. Have driven full size trucks for years. This is my first compact truck and I love it. Size is perfect. Performance is excellent. Looked at Toyota, Colorado, Ranger. This is the best of the bunch.

Love it
By Dan on 01/20/08 02:33 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It was between a Ford Sport Trac and The Nissan. I have a 99 Ranger with 334K on it and still running with no major repairs. After comparing the two, Sport Trac vs Frontier I picked the Nissan for mainly two things, price, Frontier was less expensive and second, it had a longer bed.

Great bang-for-the-buck
By mf on 01/11/08 11:47 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Impressed with the 261HP & 281FT-LBS of the 4.0L V6, even at >6000ft elevation where I live. Excellent quality all-around! VERY spacious in the front of the cab. Mine has "SE Value Pkg" which includes ABLS brakes, bedliner, pwr windows and locks, RKE, cruise-control, and painted aluminum wheels. It's actually a mid-sized truck with a nice, high road-stance. Overall a great truck for the money.

2008 Nissan Frontier
By Ponch on 01/04/08 16:39 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my frontier a week ago and love it! Prett fast, smooth ride. Excellent color choice and fabric for the interior cloth, doors, etc.

Nissan frontier KC SE 4X4
By norm ernst on 12/31/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice tight little truck, but not too little. Ride is stiff/ bouncy, but not bad for the wheel base and it IS a 4X4. Yup, it does have a wide steering radius, but I'll get used to it. Did good when I had 18" of snow in the driveway. Haven't had it to the hunting camp (mud) yet, but performance in that arena depends on the teeth on your tires, not the drive train. Comfortable interior, good ergo's for the controls. Drove carefully on a road trip and got 22.2 MPG with the cruise set at 65 MPH. Not bad for a 4.0 liter 6 cyl 4X4 w/ auto transmission. I like it a lot, and would recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.