2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Excellent underrated truck
By ugaguy on 07/05/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck for the money. I have had two Tacomas, a GMC, and a Ford in the past 3 years. Nissan impressed me the most. It is not a perfect truck, but it is better than most. I has more power than a Tacoma, but not as much back seat room (in a crew cab). It gets respectable mileage, has excellent handling, and comes with well done factory options (spray in bedliner, utilitrack system).

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE
By wlong336 on 06/26/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided that it was time to buy a truck I narrowed my choices down to the Tacoma, Dakota, and the Frontier. I quickly decided that the Tacoma was out of my price range, so that left the Dakota and the Frontier. When you put these two trucks side by side there is no comparison the Frontier wins by a knockout. It's bigger, more powerful and comes with way more features for a smaller price tag. I love this truck, it's is fun to drive, looks great with the chrome grill and bumpers unlike the cheap grey plastic bumpers of similarly priced Dakotas. Also, there may only be 23 reviews on this site for the Frontier but every one is good. That has to say something!

Hot Rod Nissan
By Jake on 06/14/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just like almost everyone else writing here, it was between the Tacoma and Frontier for me. Always wanted a Tacoma, until I drove the Frontier. More options for $2000 less than the Tacoma, more interior room, bigger engine, 4-wheel discs, and traction control. The engine revs like my dad's G35, I had to get out and check under the hood to make sure it wasn't the same engine. Nope, just the same technology. The truck also rides much sportier than the Tacoma, again, makes me feel like I am driving that Infiniti again. I am getting between 17-18 MPG around town going from work and back, but I also don't hammer on it.

2008 Nissan Rocks
By Love it on 06/09/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Toyota Tundra and sold it due to its problems! I looked into Tacoma and Frontier. Frontier is far better truck than Tacoma. Nissan Frontier delivers better gas mileage and technology. I love the size and inside the cabin. Nissan should have fog lights as an option for SE model. I am looking into installing an after market fog lights. So far I have 1000 miles and I will update as time goes by!!

Frontier
By GW in NL on 06/05/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my car and stepped up to becoming a truck owner. I had planned on getting a Toyota Tacoma forever, and came very close, but before purchasing I decided to shop around alittle, and I am glad that I did. Once I took the Frontier off the parking lot for a test drive, I knew it was a done deal. The smoothness of the ride and powertrain blew the Tacoma away, not to mention a larger truck for less money (especially the dump)and more POWER. The dealership was very friendly and threw in a few extra accessories (unlike Toyota). It was a no brainer. It's a truck that handles like a car or SUV, I love it.

Great all around truck
By Nick in WA on 04/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a truck for the last 10 yrs so I finally bought it. It was either the Tacoma or the Frontier that I narrowed it to. The exterior of the truck is gorgeous. The interior has a lot of hard plastics but are assembled nicely. I am amazed how smooth the powertrain is in this truck. It provides plenty of power for passing on the freeway. The optional stereo sounds very nice. The audio controls on the steering wheel are handy as is the bluetooth. Seat comfort is very good in the front seats and acceptable in the rear. Fuel economy is about 16- 17 mixed and 20-22 on the freeway so far. Purchased for invoice plus $3000 in rebates. Nissan was a better value than the Toyota overall.

2008 FRONTIER LE CREW CAB 4X4
By nsanewheels on 04/26/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Nissan Frontier since their redesign in 2005 just turned my 3 yr lease and now I have the Red Pearl 2008 as loaded as it can come. It's a great midsize truck good for work or play. I used it for both work family and a little beach riding. I regularly max the 4.0 out highway driving daily in PA. It will max out right about 115, electronically limited at 4500 RPM top gear which is acceptable given that you're still going way too fast anyway.

2008 frontier
By john on 04/21/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took my family of five on long trip, two of my boys are 6-2 180 pounds and with no complaints about room. Love the power, this truck pulls better than my v8 Chevy

Reliability requirement met
By Lou on 04/08/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a lot of miles (25,000/year) so a reliable vehicle is my primary concern - followed by 4X4 as I live in a rural area. So far both are met in this vehicle. At present I have 10,000 miles (5 months) so have had a chance to knock it about a bit. The ride is a bit harsh, but not unexpected. Interior is a bit plain, though functional. I have developed one small buzz in the dash in this point. No other issues to date with build/function. The sound quality of the radio does improve over time. Wish it had an ipod jack standard. Despite the many miles there are so far no chips nor blemishes in the paint. Seats need less front cushion or more rear cushion. Overall: Good truck

Great Truck With Great Fuel Economy Too!
By Bubba on 03/29/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Tacoma before trying out the Frontier. I had no intention of purchasing a four banger, but after giving both the Tacoma and Frontier 4 cyls a shot, I wasn't let down at all. I like both trucks, but I picked up the Frontier for a couple of thousand less than a comparable Tacoma. Currently averaging 22+ MPG with mixed city/hiway driving and a lot of up and down RPM fluctuation while it is still in the break-in period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.