2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
6 mos review: still doing great!
By white knight on 10/19/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is about 6 mos of use and 5,600 miles on the odometer. Turning circle is rather large but this is do in part to the longer wheel base and that is what helps provide a smooth highway ride. Still very comfortable on long trips. Very quiet interior, with little road, tire, or wind noise. I have averaged 24 mpg on regular fuel since I purchased this 6 mos ago. Mostly highway driving.

Great truck
By gene on 10/14/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Checked out Frontier, Tacoma and Ranger. I wanted a 2 wheel drive and really disliked the Tacoma 2 wheel drive appearance. I had owned two Rangers and felt, after the drive, that the Frontier was the most bang for the buck. I have not been disappointed.

First 4000 miles
By Bob on 09/22/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took over 10 months to make final decision, finally convinced myself to go back to a truck (had a Volvo sedan for the last 4 years, big mistake). Even though only in my first 4k miles, this purchase turned out to be a smart move. Lots of power, room, storage and style. Fun to drive and so far, no real complaints. Great truck!

Incredible Truck for the money
By wolfpk1 on 08/28/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a SE Kingcab v6. It rides great with plenty of power. I was surprised how quiet the interior cabin is and how smooth the ride is. The only drawback is the turning radius is rather large. Gas mileage is decent for a truck - about 18-21 mpg. Visibility is great, making the truck very easy to drive. Was considering the Tacoma or the Frontier but chose the Frontier because it drives just as well but had more features for the money.

Best truck value out there
By Ron on 08/18/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 01 Frontier KC 2wd, the only reason I traded it in was for 4wd. The 4.0L has excellent acceleration with decent fuel economy. I also liked the fact that the rear doors opened whereas my 01 didn't. I was comparing this to the Tacoma and Colorado and for the money this was the best truck out there.

Great Value
By Dan on 07/30/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the end of March. Have put around 4600 miles on in 4 months without an incident. Performance is incredible, handling is superb for a 4wd truck and the ride is very comfortable, but it is still a truck with a light back end. Mileage is on par with the EPA average. The light output from the headlights is not the best, highly recommend getting the foglights as they help a great deal. Only issue thus far is a cracked windshield washer nozzle which is being replaced under warranty in a few days. I was torn between the Frontier, Ranger, and Tacoma. This truck can not be beat for its value, power and practicality.

Good economy for the size
By Scoot on 07/26/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Traded the 06 4x4 Tundra for this one. Just couldn't justify 15mpg after selling the camper. More power would be good but this 4cyl is a big upgrade from older versions of the Nissan 4cyl automatic, especially considering how much larger this truck is than frontier's of the past. Excellent handling, great breaks & smooth ride for a small truck. Would like to see Nissan incorporate their cvt technology into this 4 banger to maximize it's power.

Silver 2008 Nissan Frontier KC 4WD
By dac420 on 07/23/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Nissan Frontier 2WD for a Silver 2008 Nissan Frontier 4WD & glad I did, I love the 4.0 V6 power. Comparing it to my brother's Tundra (which I drive some) I like the Frontier much better - Just fun to drive and thousands less than Toyota

Hot Rod Nissan
By Jake on 06/14/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just like almost everyone else writing here, it was between the Tacoma and Frontier for me. Always wanted a Tacoma, until I drove the Frontier. More options for $2000 less than the Tacoma, more interior room, bigger engine, 4-wheel discs, and traction control. The engine revs like my dad's G35, I had to get out and check under the hood to make sure it wasn't the same engine. Nope, just the same technology. The truck also rides much sportier than the Tacoma, again, makes me feel like I am driving that Infiniti again. I am getting between 17-18 MPG around town going from work and back, but I also don't hammer on it.

2008 Nissan Rocks
By Love it on 06/09/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Toyota Tundra and sold it due to its problems! I looked into Tacoma and Frontier. Frontier is far better truck than Tacoma. Nissan Frontier delivers better gas mileage and technology. I love the size and inside the cabin. Nissan should have fog lights as an option for SE model. I am looking into installing an after market fog lights. So far I have 1000 miles and I will update as time goes by!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.