2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
3rd review at 18mos of ownership
By whilte knight on 08/23/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 18 mos, still a great truck and I am very happy with it. No mechanical problems at all. Service at dealership has been great. Just got back from a trip into the Colorado Mtns. and it did great on the steep and winding roads. Plenty of power with the 4cylinder. Got my best gas mileage yet of 27.3 mpg coming down out of the mountains. So far have averaged 24 mpg in 13,000 miles of driving with 90% as highway driving. No towing.

6 mos review: still doing great!
By white knight on 10/19/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is about 6 mos of use and 5,600 miles on the odometer. Turning circle is rather large but this is do in part to the longer wheel base and that is what helps provide a smooth highway ride. Still very comfortable on long trips. Very quiet interior, with little road, tire, or wind noise. I have averaged 24 mpg on regular fuel since I purchased this 6 mos ago. Mostly highway driving.

Great Truck With Great Fuel Economy Too!
By Bubba on 03/29/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Tacoma before trying out the Frontier. I had no intention of purchasing a four banger, but after giving both the Tacoma and Frontier 4 cyls a shot, I wasn't let down at all. I like both trucks, but I picked up the Frontier for a couple of thousand less than a comparable Tacoma. Currently averaging 22+ MPG with mixed city/hiway driving and a lot of up and down RPM fluctuation while it is still in the break-in period.

White knight's first review
By white knight on 02/18/08 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this truck within the past week so please keep this in mind when reviewing this score. This is an impressive truck with a quiet and smooth ride (could feel no vibration from the 4cylinder engine). this is a 4x2, with manual 5 speed tranny. Shifts smoothly. Great outward visibility. As soon as the artic conditions moderate here I plan to drive this vehicle a lot. Right now truck and I are hibernating. I will review this truck once a year.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Frontier King-cab in NJ is:

$212 per month*