2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Frontier Review
By Tom on 08/18/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the truck new and paid much less than sticker. Love the truck but not worth the sticker. Only real complaint is the turning radius is like driving an 18 wheeler. Don't like the plastic bed liners - should of put the NISMO paint in liners as standard. The plastic on the tail gate scratches easy. Acceleration is slow but plenty of V6 power when it kicks in.

08 Frontier SE 4cyl 5spd
By 20Frontier08 on 04/08/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the truck brand new w/400 miles on it. I have 19,435 on it now (still low miles). Gas mileage is great and I love everything about it. I am a tech for Nissan at the dealership I bought it from and they treated me great! I upgraded the exhaust to an IMPO side exit exhaust and added a K&N air filter and it really helped it a lot. I drive the interstate every day, 40 miles round trip just to work and it handles great on the highway. Everything about this truck is so pleasing and fun to drive too.

Fantastic Truck
By Bowhunter on 08/31/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Gotta love this truck. Handles well, plenty of power, great fuel economy and it's just fun to drive. I have the 6 speed manual transmission and couldn't be happier

3rd review at 18mos of ownership
By whilte knight on 08/23/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 18 mos, still a great truck and I am very happy with it. No mechanical problems at all. Service at dealership has been great. Just got back from a trip into the Colorado Mtns. and it did great on the steep and winding roads. Plenty of power with the 4cylinder. Got my best gas mileage yet of 27.3 mpg coming down out of the mountains. So far have averaged 24 mpg in 13,000 miles of driving with 90% as highway driving. No towing.

mixed
By jim on 06/21/09 04:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because I own a 2001 frontier which has given me excellent service. I have close to 200,000 miles on it and havent had to fix anything, not even the shocks or muffler. Hoping this 2008 frontier will be just as good. My complaints are to much plastic on the inside and the turn radius is awful. I like changing the oil myself but the oil filter is really hard to get to

2008 Frontier
By longdrive on 06/03/09 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have over 50,000 miles on my 2008 Frontier. It has performed well. Gas mileage on the highway is about 20.5 mpg. Good in the snow (4wd). Rides very well on the highway. Smooth ride. No mechanical issues to date. Down side: Turning radius is an issue. It is hard to park and turn in tight spaces. Inside front cabin space is noticeably smaller than a Dakota (I have had 4 dakotas). The Nissan zip type toneau cover is terrible. The cross bar support brackets break easily, it can't seal well at the corners and thus it leaks, harder to remove than a snap-type cover. The standard radio is not as good as it should be (one disc, power is low, no aux audio input). Overall I like my truck.

Best Truck
By Gravestone on 05/27/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drive a lot and I do heavy towing with this truck. I just went up to Maine towing a 7X14 trailer with 5500 GVW and got 17 MPG. That's what a good full size truck gets without towing a heavy trailer. The truck is very dependable great on and off road and very comfortable for a truck.

Nissan Quality
By Gary on 05/11/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this truck based on the reliability of my older Nissan 4X4 pickup which I purchased new in 1984 and which still runs well. This '08 vehicle is solidly built and engineered to accommodate the demands of a truck which is used for work both on the highway and off-road. Shifting is exceptionally smooth and power from the V-6 is plentiful. Excellent handling on mountainous terrain and in winter weather. Interior features are accessible and comfortable for +6ft. passengers. Rear Jump seats not designed for long-haul comfort but space is useful for stowing items needing protection from the weather. Fuel economy has been 21 mpg highway driving. Utilitrack system a big plus.

what the...
By truck&cat on 02/27/09 11:26 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 11 months and 32K replaced transmission. (bad synchronizers. Other than that plastic is tacky, A/C fan is getting louder and louder, windows rattle. Plenty of room for a field serviceman for tools and whatever you need for 4-5 day trips. Gas mileage is reasonable, 23mpg on hwy if you don't go over 70mph. Tried all grades, the best results with 89 octanes. Turning radius could be better.

2008 Froniter SE, 4 Cylinder, Auto
By amalik on 11/20/08 16:06 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My 08 Frontier SE, Auto, 4 cylinder in Black has great looks, rides high, and gives decent gas mileage. The bed is perfect size for weekend warriors. Love the 265/70R16 tires. They look great on this truck. The plastic interior could use some improvement.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.