2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Fantastic truck
By osiris32080 on 01/24/12 16:20 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was all about getting a Toyota Tacoma, drove several and liked the raised suspension, but the ride itself wasn't that strong. After I tested a Frontier, I was sold. Off-the-line pickup in this V6 reminds you of a V8. Have yet to tow anything, but have used the bed for hauling heavy furniture and haven't noticed a change in the way it drives. There seems to be a strong dislike of the interior, but in my opinion, its a truck, and I'm not expecting anything fancy. Very fun to drive, and even though I live in a big city, its not too hard to get around. Like previous reviews, the turning radius leaves much to be desired, but overall, I love this truck.

Very nice truck
By army95bravo on 07/29/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Frontier used with 32,000 miles on it(one owner). The truck is great, turning radius sucks and I wish they included fog lights as standard equipment on the Frontier. I've had Toyota's and Nissan's and both are very reliable trucks. But this time it was all about price. I love this Frontier, the way it rides, the looks of it!

LOVE this truck!
By toelint on 05/27/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I ABSOLUTELY love this truck! I have the '08 4.0L V6 4x4 Frontier and think it's a great truck for it's size. I bought it "new" (it had 1 owner before me who bought it from the dealership new, didn't make a payment on it, and had it repossessed 6months after buying it...the truck hit 2k miles on my test drive), and have put 28k miles on it in just the last year and a half. It drives like a car, but can act like a truck. I use it off roads and it's reliable, handles well, and climbs obstacles. On the road, it's quiet, acceleration picks up really quickly, and steering is perfect. Not super tight, but definitely not loose. Turn radius is great and 4WD doesn't compromise it at all.

Not happy
By NOT HAPPY on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck but the dash vents awful! I can't get comfortable in this thing! You can't get the air off your face makes eys burn! ! Also when driving on highway and getting to a town you have to turn up fan speed to stay cool! Temperatures are not consistent ! Also on my old Chevy you can blend air between top vents and floor! The Nissan is very limited with what you can do with the ac system !

Turning radius!
By steve on 07/22/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned other trucks before but by far my frontier is the best. It is very comfortable to drive on long trips, and the gas usage is not bad on the highway.

Hot tip
By fdxbrad on 04/27/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have used my truck for hunting, shopping, camping and getting to and from work. I love this truck!

great truck
By hounddog on 01/27/10 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the only thing wrong with this truck is the turning radius. I've driven full size trucks that turn better than the frontier. Other than that, it is a blast to drive and carries my atv and I don't even notice the weight.

2008 Frontier SE 4WD Short Box V-6
By Dan Thomas on 01/27/10 12:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice size,Nice exterior.Rides nice.

So far so good!!!!
By stuclen@hotmail.com on 01/19/10 09:38 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle has been very good. No issues at all. It has been very reliable. Starts and runs well in all weather from 100 degress to -60 below. I live in canada and the truck gets used but not abused and has held up well. Still looks and feels like new. We have alot of bush roads up here and they are hard on vehicles. This truck does not have a squeak or rattle anywhere and thats impressive. I have driven all makes and models of trucks over the years and this is a very good truck. Mileage is good for this type of vehicle. I get around 22-24 mpg in four wheel drive on our snow and ice covered roads. I think this is pretty good.

Turning radius!!!
By billodm on 09/14/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent power and rides like a car. Plenty of room for my 6 foot frame. I had a full-sized 2006 Chevrolet crew cab that was easier to get into a parking space than my Frontier. Turning radius is terrible for a mid sized truck. Highway mileage isn't all that much better than the full sized Chevy 2 wheel drive, but city mileage is about 5 mpg better.(18-19 mpg). Headlights aren't very good, fog lights should be standard.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.