Used 2008 Nissan Frontier XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

3rd review at 18mos of ownership
By whilte knight

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 18 mos, still a great truck and I am very happy with it. No mechanical problems at all. Service at dealership has been great. Just got back from a trip into the Colorado Mtns. and it did great on the steep and winding roads. Plenty of power with the 4cylinder. Got my best gas mileage yet of 27.3 mpg coming down out of the mountains. So far have averaged 24 mpg in 13,000 miles of driving with 90% as highway driving. No towing.

Favorite Features

High seating position with good all around vision if you fold down the passenger seat or take off its headrest. I removed the rear jump seat headrests to give better vision outward.

Suggested Improvements

A/C was working very had at 100 degrees F. to keep the interior cool. It was marginal at that kind of temperature outside. otherwise it works well in more moderate temperatures. I have not tinting on windows so that might improve cooling if I had had that.

6 mos review: still doing great!
By white knight

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is about 6 mos of use and 5,600 miles on the odometer. Turning circle is rather large but this is do in part to the longer wheel base and that is what helps provide a smooth highway ride. Still very comfortable on long trips. Very quiet interior, with little road, tire, or wind noise. I have averaged 24 mpg on regular fuel since I purchased this 6 mos ago. Mostly highway driving.

Favorite Features

Disc brakes all the way around, very good shocks give smooth ride. Smooth shifting tranny. Like all the pockets in the doors and rear bedlight comes on when doors have been opened (very helpful at night)

Suggested Improvements

Could use steering wheel telescopic feature. Also, center console arm rest should be lengthened so if seat is pulled forward the driver's elbow can reach it. Have as standard a locking gas cap or a fuel cap release in the cab.

Great Truck With Great Fuel Economy Too!
By Bubba

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Tacoma before trying out the Frontier. I had no intention of purchasing a four banger, but after giving both the Tacoma and Frontier 4 cyls a shot, I wasn't let down at all. I like both trucks, but I picked up the Frontier for a couple of thousand less than a comparable Tacoma. Currently averaging 22+ MPG with mixed city/hiway driving and a lot of up and down RPM fluctuation while it is still in the break-in period.

Favorite Features

Peppy four banger with good gas mileage so far.

Suggested Improvements

Tilt/telescopic steering would be nice.

White knight's first review
By white knight

2008 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this truck within the past week so please keep this in mind when reviewing this score. This is an impressive truck with a quiet and smooth ride (could feel no vibration from the 4cylinder engine). this is a 4x2, with manual 5 speed tranny. Shifts smoothly. Great outward visibility. As soon as the artic conditions moderate here I plan to drive this vehicle a lot. Right now truck and I are hibernating. I will review this truck once a year.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, a/c, and cruise control. High sitting position with good view. AM/FM, CD radio.

Suggested Improvements

I am long of leg so the steering wheel is a little out of reach unless I move in closer to the steering wheel to the point where legs can't stretch out. A telescopic steering wheel would have been nicer but this is livable.