2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Fantastic truck
By osiris32080 on 01/24/12 16:20 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was all about getting a Toyota Tacoma, drove several and liked the raised suspension, but the ride itself wasn't that strong. After I tested a Frontier, I was sold. Off-the-line pickup in this V6 reminds you of a V8. Have yet to tow anything, but have used the bed for hauling heavy furniture and haven't noticed a change in the way it drives. There seems to be a strong dislike of the interior, but in my opinion, its a truck, and I'm not expecting anything fancy. Very fun to drive, and even though I live in a big city, its not too hard to get around. Like previous reviews, the turning radius leaves much to be desired, but overall, I love this truck.

Very nice truck
By army95bravo on 07/29/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Frontier used with 32,000 miles on it(one owner). The truck is great, turning radius sucks and I wish they included fog lights as standard equipment on the Frontier. I've had Toyota's and Nissan's and both are very reliable trucks. But this time it was all about price. I love this Frontier, the way it rides, the looks of it!

LOVE this truck!
By toelint on 05/27/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I ABSOLUTELY love this truck! I have the '08 4.0L V6 4x4 Frontier and think it's a great truck for it's size. I bought it "new" (it had 1 owner before me who bought it from the dealership new, didn't make a payment on it, and had it repossessed 6months after buying it...the truck hit 2k miles on my test drive), and have put 28k miles on it in just the last year and a half. It drives like a car, but can act like a truck. I use it off roads and it's reliable, handles well, and climbs obstacles. On the road, it's quiet, acceleration picks up really quickly, and steering is perfect. Not super tight, but definitely not loose. Turn radius is great and 4WD doesn't compromise it at all.

Not happy
By NOT HAPPY on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck but the dash vents awful! I can't get comfortable in this thing! You can't get the air off your face makes eys burn! ! Also when driving on highway and getting to a town you have to turn up fan speed to stay cool! Temperatures are not consistent ! Also on my old Chevy you can blend air between top vents and floor! The Nissan is very limited with what you can do with the ac system !

Frontier Review
By Tom on 08/18/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the truck new and paid much less than sticker. Love the truck but not worth the sticker. Only real complaint is the turning radius is like driving an 18 wheeler. Don't like the plastic bed liners - should of put the NISMO paint in liners as standard. The plastic on the tail gate scratches easy. Acceleration is slow but plenty of V6 power when it kicks in.

Turning radius!
By steve on 07/22/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned other trucks before but by far my frontier is the best. It is very comfortable to drive on long trips, and the gas usage is not bad on the highway.

Hot tip
By fdxbrad on 04/27/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have used my truck for hunting, shopping, camping and getting to and from work. I love this truck!

08 Frontier SE 4cyl 5spd
By 20Frontier08 on 04/08/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the truck brand new w/400 miles on it. I have 19,435 on it now (still low miles). Gas mileage is great and I love everything about it. I am a tech for Nissan at the dealership I bought it from and they treated me great! I upgraded the exhaust to an IMPO side exit exhaust and added a K&N air filter and it really helped it a lot. I drive the interstate every day, 40 miles round trip just to work and it handles great on the highway. Everything about this truck is so pleasing and fun to drive too.

great truck
By hounddog on 01/27/10 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the only thing wrong with this truck is the turning radius. I've driven full size trucks that turn better than the frontier. Other than that, it is a blast to drive and carries my atv and I don't even notice the weight.

2008 Frontier SE 4WD Short Box V-6
By Dan Thomas on 01/27/10 12:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice size,Nice exterior.Rides nice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.