Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

I Like It
By pcs

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my truck, but want to be honest in my review. Complaints are 1.) The front seats can't be lowered enough for someone my height (6'2"). I am looking through the blue tint at the top of the windshield at everything above the horizon. 2.) When you go over bumpy road at highway speeds the truck is all over the road. White-knuckles on the steering wheel. 3.) The knobs for the a/c controls couldn't feel any cheaper. It feels like they are about to break off every time I touch them. 4.) Looking at the other reviews, how can anyone give it a '10' for fuel economy? I'm getting about 14.2 mpg.

Good power, drives like a car.

Fix the seats so they can be adjusted 2" to 4" lower. Raise the center armrest to be equal to the side armrests.

Impressive replacement
By Randall

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the Tacoma first, very nice truck that I felt lacked muscle to get up to freeway speed. Tested the Frontier and talk about impressive! The power, ride, options and then the real deciding factor, price! Icing on the cake is the fuel economy. At present with 1500 miles, freeway runs at 75-80 mph, a/c on, I get 21.3. City driving I get a fair 16.

Power to spare and smooth automatic shifting. Storage under the rear seats is handy. Water bottle holders in each door, very nifty! Four additional drink holders is great. Ride is car like. The tie down system is user friendly and above all, functional. Limited slip braking system.

A transmission dip stick that you do not have to unbolt to check fluid level. Diesel option would be the best.

Great value and reliability
By Mozart

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven both Toyota & Nissan trucks. My last truck was an '01 Tacoma 4WD crew cab. When looking for a new truck, it really came down to price. There was no way I could get into a Tacoma for anywhere near the price I got for the Frontier. The truck is much roomier than my '01 Taco. More HP and much better ride on the highway. It's quieter, the seats or more comfortable, with a better view. Same MPG rating too. Bed could be longer. Needs better interior finish.

The rear bed rails and spray in bed liner, with bed extender standard are nice. So is the locking tail gate. I also like the storage under the seats and the water bottle holders in the front doors. The engine is nice and the 5 speed transmission is smooth.

Better interior finish. The hard plastic makes the interior look cheap. The gear shift is a bit of a reach. Split rear window would be nice. The short bed is really short. Maybe add six inches to the bed length.

Love My Nismo!!
By Pghgasguy

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My red alert Nismo is fantastic!! Very well built - solid and quiet. Exceptionally smooth ride. I am 6'5 and fit unbelievably well - plenty of room w/lots of comfort. Smooth easy acceleration - w/plenty of get up and go. Effortless braking and steering. The Nismo package is well worth the extra few dollars. It sports larger wheels/tires, heavy duty shocks, traction and chrome accents. The sunroof package is a plus too!! I looked at Dodge Ram 1500 and Toyota trucks. The Nissan won out!! Truly very impressive with a fair price.

Nismo package, sunroof package, smooth, powerful V6, stereo, orange illuminated dash dials, quiet cabin, car-like ride. Love it all!!

Would like to see a larger, longer console arm rest cover (too short for long arms). Possible "chrome package" w/wheels etc. Make side step bars and hard tonneau cover available as option.

A big truck in a small package
By Dave

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I set off to ID a replacement for my little 01 Toyota Tacoma, I wanted to match its overall reliability, maneuverability and fuel economy but also gain a roomier interior, 4 doors, horsepower, a more civilized ride and a few bells and whistles. Some internet research and a few test drives quickly steered me towards the Frontier over the Tacoma and Colorado. The "Fronty" (CrewCab, 5' bed) had big truck power, ride and interior room without being gas thirsty and a PITA to park/drive in tight places. It also, IMHO, had better styling and initial build quality than the others. (My Taco was a rattle trap!) I got 20% off/ below invoice on a loaded LE with little effort. Try that with Toyota.

Where to start?! Performance, civilized ride, spacious and quiet interior, body style, better than hoped (18.5+) MPG, bed/cargo management system (!) price, and last but not least, It's NOT another Toyota

Nitpicking things really: lighted cruise control, improved arm rest/console, wider/longer roof rack, and a decent radio/sound system. Std sunroof and maybe a woodgrain option for the dash on the LE version would be nice as well.