Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nismo
By wardfan0

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

3rd new 4WD Nissan truck. Best yet. Performance is impressive, Offroad capability with electronic rear locker is best in class. Interior comfort is car like. Compared to Tacoma better ride, better interior especially seats. No comparison in options.

Performance and ride, Rockford Fosgate sound system, Nismo package, Seats and interior.

Dash issues. Curved cover over gauges is out of place. Telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Automatic shifter is ugly. Tacoma wins that one.

Awesome truck
By Jamie

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Nissan and I like it. I've owned ford, chevy, mazda, jeep and I like this Nissan more in the first thousand miles that I drove it than I ever did the others. The reviews that are bad on this truck, they are really nit picking this truck. My wife and I really like this truck. I drove a tacoma and a ford ranger. this was the better choice.

Rockford fosgate, power leather seats, excellent ride for a truck, great power for a V6, bed lock down system, longbed model, sunroof.

Turning radius.

Not bad!
By Randy Collier

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I was in love with the truck at first sight but the gas mileage (mpg) was bad. Still very shocked that the fuel economy on this truck was that low. I am driving mostly on the freeway and I am only getting 18-19 mpg. The turning radius is abysmal. I have driven smaller and larger trucks and both had better turning radiuses. The radio stinks! Also the the trim on the steering wheel started to rub off. Did you know they use black plastic with a silver finish? They should keep it black so there will not be any rubbing off.

It's a smooth ride.

Improve the mpg or even give us the 4cl diesel from europe. Tighten the turning radius and use a better radio.

First Impressions
By Mike

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned the vehicle for less than a week now, so this review is not intended to be anything more than the title states. I'm only 5'8" and feel that the seats are made to fit my size perfectly, so taller drivers may have issues with comfort. I'm generally very pleased with everything about this truck and pretty well initially convinced that I made the right purchase. Only time will tell if this is a lasting impression.

4 wheel disk brakes, factory sprayed on bed liner, bed extender, locking tail-gate, full instrumentation (includes oil press and voltmeter not found on competing trucks), double weather-strip seals around doors, ABLS and ABS, thoughtful interior design, 6300 lb tow capacity, powerful and smooth.

Nothing to really recommend at this point, except possibly the fuel mileage could be a bit higher. I replaced a '96 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr with 4.3L V6 165K on the odo and it was getting 21+ mpg around town and close to 25 on the road, but it also didn't have the power and refinement of the Frontier!

Nice truck, but...
By Swarty

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier LE is a nice truck with a few caveats. My complaints seem trivial but here they are. One, the turning radius is abysmal. I know, it's a truck, but I was shocked how bad it was. Also, the key fob had a way of easily being hit. I set off the car alarm at least 15 times in 6 months. Gas mileage is fair. I averaged about 17-18 mpg and about 20 on the highway. Stereo is crappy to say the least. That said, it was fun to drive, had great acceleration, I like the tie down system in the bed and my daughter loved riding in it. If you need a truck that will give decent storage room, you could do a lot worse than this one.

Tie down system in bed is pretty great.

Better stereo, better key fob, beter turning radius, and someday better gas mileage.