2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Quality in the perfect sized truck.
By Derrick on 08/07/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this truck to replace '00 Sonoma. The difference is night and day. The quality of build is fantastic. It is very sturdy and refined. The 4 cyl of course is not as fast as the 6, but I cruise effortlessly at 75-80 mph. I have driven it in the mountains of Arizona and it has plenty of power going uphill. This is complemented by the excellent handling and nicely geared transmission. I average about 24 mpg without the AC and 22 with. This truck is the perfect size as it provides realistic space for short term rear passengers without compromising the bed, and still fits in a standard garage.

Fits my needs perfectly!
By LET-CA on 08/04/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan pickup. The first was a 97, now being driven by my daughter; yeah, they don't wear out. We're still waiting for the first major repair on that vehicle. I purchased this just a month ago, the XE with the Power Package, and the Value Truck package, basically the "old man" options that really make it comfortable. It's my daily driver, rock solid with good fuel economy. The 4-cylinder is not a good choice if you are going to be towing frequently, as the power is lacking. If you REALLY need the extra power, buy the 6, but be prepared for a large drop in mileage. I'm delighted with mine and will drive it for a long long time!

Great value and reliability
By Mozart on 08/03/07 10:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven both Toyota & Nissan trucks. My last truck was an '01 Tacoma 4WD crew cab. When looking for a new truck, it really came down to price. There was no way I could get into a Tacoma for anywhere near the price I got for the Frontier. The truck is much roomier than my '01 Taco. More HP and much better ride on the highway. It's quieter, the seats or more comfortable, with a better view. Same MPG rating too. Bed could be longer. Needs better interior finish.

Love My Nismo!!
By Pghgasguy on 08/02/07 18:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My red alert Nismo is fantastic!! Very well built - solid and quiet. Exceptionally smooth ride. I am 6'5 and fit unbelievably well - plenty of room w/lots of comfort. Smooth easy acceleration - w/plenty of get up and go. Effortless braking and steering. The Nismo package is well worth the extra few dollars. It sports larger wheels/tires, heavy duty shocks, traction and chrome accents. The sunroof package is a plus too!! I looked at Dodge Ram 1500 and Toyota trucks. The Nissan won out!! Truly very impressive with a fair price.

A big truck in a small package
By Dave on 07/24/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I set off to ID a replacement for my little 01 Toyota Tacoma, I wanted to match its overall reliability, maneuverability and fuel economy but also gain a roomier interior, 4 doors, horsepower, a more civilized ride and a few bells and whistles. Some internet research and a few test drives quickly steered me towards the Frontier over the Tacoma and Colorado. The "Fronty" (CrewCab, 5' bed) had big truck power, ride and interior room without being gas thirsty and a PITA to park/drive in tight places. It also, IMHO, had better styling and initial build quality than the others. (My Taco was a rattle trap!) I got 20% off/ below invoice on a loaded LE with little effort. Try that with Toyota.

Best of the Best
By naprat on 07/14/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We test drove all makes and models of trucks. As soon as we drove the Frontier we knew it was the one. Like everything about it. The only thing we wish we would have gotten was the power package.

Previous Ram buyer
By tom on 07/12/07 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you're looking for a vehicle that is fun to drive, this is it. I took the Toyota Tacoma for a drive then the Nissan and there is no comparison. The Nissan generated much more power as soon as you touched the gas. I punched the gas on the Toyota and it could just about get out of its way. Take the both for a ride and I'm sure you will buy Nissan.

Great!
By av_empire on 07/05/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from an '03 Xterra. Talk about a night and day difference in performance, power, and ride. The '07 Frontier LE Crew Cab 4x4 has a smooth and comfortable ride. At times it even feels like I'm driving a luxury car. The 261 hp, 4.0L engine is top notch. Nissan has a winner here!

Love My New Truck!
By chuck on 07/04/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I totalled my Toyota Tacoma into a deer running across the road, limped into Nissan, and bought this truck on the spot. After a 130 mile trip back home, I fell in love with it. I recommend this truck over the Toyota, which I had put on nearly 200,000 miles. 2000 Tacoma by the way. The 4.0 runs very well, effortless, even at altitude here in Wyoming!

Excellent Truck, Poor MPG
By Etheric1 on 07/01/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Much more stable and comfortable ride than the Tacoma. Better engine shifting (much smoother, quieter and feels more powerful overall). MPG for most trucks is not very good and this is no exception. So far about 17 mpg on the highway (but have only driven it 300 miles so far, and it seemed to improve the longer we drove). The Nismo trim is fabulous off-road in both the 4 x 2 and 4 x 4 version, like buttah! The traction control is a great feature on the 4 x 4 and very useful in inclement conditions. We are thrilled with our NISMO 4 x 4 but urge all automakers to increase the mpg on all trucks (and create some retrofits for those of us who already own your vehicles).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.