Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great Truck
By Dan

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new and have 20,000 of problem free miles on it. Test drove other midsize trucks and this was the best one by far. I could be like a lot of other people and say the fuel economy could be better, but it's a truck and I expect it.

Satellite radio, spray-in bed liner, sun roof, 261 hp V6.

Everything is good to me!!

Great Truck
By Al

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This one great truck! Previous Ford owner, and this truck will out perform the Ranger hands down. The the power is incredible. The six speed tranny boosts the fuel economy to 21-23. the other manufacturers better get it together if they are going to keep up with Nissan on this one!

Comfortable interior, Handles nicely, and fun to drive.

The back jump seat is outfitted for a car seat. This makes the seat top heavy and when you hit a bump the seat falls. I just removed the child seat feature - end of problem.

3 month update
By sdhk

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier crew cab has nice road feel - stable and solid, a comfortable ride and great space utilization options behind the driver seat. I think with a few improvements/options it could fit the needs of lots more customers than it currently attracts and could be a perfect choice for those of us looking for an all around vehicle with versatility and don't need a truck for towing or offroading.

In addition to the flip up back seats & removable headrests I mentioned before, this is the shortest of the crew cab pickups at 205.5 inches (not counting Subaru Baja) so I can fit it in the garage! Its easier to get in and out of than a Tacoma. Lots of compliments on deep red color.

I would rather have better mpg (I only get 17.8 MPG and I baby it) and less powerful engine, a 3.0L engine would have been more than adequate. Ability to manually raise/lower seat position. Bench seat option. I previously mentioned my issues with seat fabric, speedometer range and unusable ARM REST!

Great Truck!
By Bill

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is great, I've shopped the competition and found this to be the best deal. I'm getting 18.9 mpg average in summer and 17.8 average in winter. I've upgraded to 89 octane this winter for a 1-2 mpg boost. you may get 16 mpg in the cold on 87 octane. I'm gonna try 93 and see if it is overall cheaper or not. I've got 6,000 miles on the truck and have had no problems at all. the 4wd works great, snow and hills are nothing. Great truck!

Spray in bed liner with tie down track system (very handy) and power and performance.

MP3 hook up. Better mpg. Lumbar support on SE models.

Frontier king cab
By art

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The frontier king cab is pretty nice, it does have some flaws that you have to look for. The king cab is ok if you are going to put a baby back there. I would go with a crew cab next time, also the interior is cheap looking but that's ok, it's a truck. The clock radio should be different color, can't read if the sun is out. I do hear a noise under the dash board sometimes and also when I spin the tires I hear a funny noise, the wide turn stinks. Overall the truck is nice, if you are looking for room for back passengers definitely go with the crew cab. Fuel mileage could be better for a 6 cyl. Also my brakes squeak a lot.

The truck handles well, seems to have a lot of power, I like the exterior.

I would tame the 4.0 engine down a little to a 3.1 or 3.3, will get better fuel mileage and still have power. Eliminate the king cab altogether and go with just crew cab. Definitely change the clock radio from black to a color so you can see it.