Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

3 month update
By sdhk

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier crew cab has nice road feel - stable and solid, a comfortable ride and great space utilization options behind the driver seat. I think with a few improvements/options it could fit the needs of lots more customers than it currently attracts and could be a perfect choice for those of us looking for an all around vehicle with versatility and don't need a truck for towing or offroading.

In addition to the flip up back seats & removable headrests I mentioned before, this is the shortest of the crew cab pickups at 205.5 inches (not counting Subaru Baja) so I can fit it in the garage! Its easier to get in and out of than a Tacoma. Lots of compliments on deep red color.

I would rather have better mpg (I only get 17.8 MPG and I baby it) and less powerful engine, a 3.0L engine would have been more than adequate. Ability to manually raise/lower seat position. Bench seat option. I previously mentioned my issues with seat fabric, speedometer range and unusable ARM REST!

Great Truck!
By Bill

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is great, I've shopped the competition and found this to be the best deal. I'm getting 18.9 mpg average in summer and 17.8 average in winter. I've upgraded to 89 octane this winter for a 1-2 mpg boost. you may get 16 mpg in the cold on 87 octane. I'm gonna try 93 and see if it is overall cheaper or not. I've got 6,000 miles on the truck and have had no problems at all. the 4wd works great, snow and hills are nothing. Great truck!

Spray in bed liner with tie down track system (very handy) and power and performance.

MP3 hook up. Better mpg. Lumbar support on SE models.

Frontier king cab
By art

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The frontier king cab is pretty nice, it does have some flaws that you have to look for. The king cab is ok if you are going to put a baby back there. I would go with a crew cab next time, also the interior is cheap looking but that's ok, it's a truck. The clock radio should be different color, can't read if the sun is out. I do hear a noise under the dash board sometimes and also when I spin the tires I hear a funny noise, the wide turn stinks. Overall the truck is nice, if you are looking for room for back passengers definitely go with the crew cab. Fuel mileage could be better for a 6 cyl. Also my brakes squeak a lot.

The truck handles well, seems to have a lot of power, I like the exterior.

I would tame the 4.0 engine down a little to a 3.1 or 3.3, will get better fuel mileage and still have power. Eliminate the king cab altogether and go with just crew cab. Definitely change the clock radio from black to a color so you can see it.

Nice truck, but...
By Grant Chance

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought truck in Jan '07, & have irritating 'clanging/rattling' sound that occurs at medium rpm around 30 mph. Sounds like a heat shield. Took to Niisan dealer & was told it was the catalytic converter, that there was nothing they could do. This is unnaceptable for a 23k truck! Very comfortable, good power, OK mileage for a truck. Base radio is a joke! Heavy tailgate. Headlights are slightly dim.

Comfortable. Nicely placed cupholders, power.

Base radio, headlights, and fix that damn rattle!

5 Months and still loving it
By Zach J

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wrote a review called '3 Months and still love it'. I have now driven my truck in both summer and winter (live in the Northeast). I have also gotten over my initial 'new car happy' feeling, but believe me: I'm still very happy with my truck. I took fuel economy down one notch because in four wheel drive I know it's depressingly low. All vehicles are low in 4WD though, so don't skip this truck because of that. The power is still great, handles like a dream, and there has been ZERO snowpiles or unplowed roads that I could not get through. I live in a city built on a hill where they don't know how to plow, and I still haven't had a single problem in the snow.

Still power, acceleration, riding position, good control in snow (in 4WD), semi-decent in 2WD, driver-to-car feeling is fantastic even (and especially) in bad conditions, I still like everything I liked in the first review.

Possibly better factory tires? Mine are ok but will likely upgrade soon. It is still tough to complain about such a great truck. I recommend you see if any 07 models are left. I would buy a 2008 frontier blind after driving the 2007.