Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great Truck
By JWG

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2007 Crew Cab 4 months ago and I love it. Traded in a 2004 Titan and love that too but the gas mileage won me over on the Frontier. Just bought another Frontier today.

The radio.

New vs. Old
By Dayve

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 01 Supercharged Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 with 160K + miles, having had no problems with it, on an 07 Frontier. The turning radius is horrible. The driver's door should have a handle on it; when open and you are seatbelted in, it is hard to close. Console should be forward to use as an armrest or be moveable. The dash has several creases and pieces, where dust and dirt can get, just does not look finished, and looks worse than my 01 dash. My gas mileage mixed driving is 17.7, which is 3 mpg better than my underpowered 01 SC Frontier. Love the sunroof, the Nismo sits very high, stereo is nice, mileage read out good, overall very happy.

Sunroof, 4x4, mileage read out, sits high up, automatic, power, lumbar support, bigger gas tank, more miles to drive before filling up again, spray on bedliner, moveable bed extender, and latches on rails in the bed, stereo, storage under back seat, cupholders, little storage compartments.

Dash looks cheap, too many overlapping pieces, should be one or two pieces, not look like a puzzle. My 01 SC Frontier rims were nice, these are barely acceptable, should be one bolted on hook or loop in the back for locking items to the bed, honestly hate all the chrome on the Nismo.

Fun Truck
By WK

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at the Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Colorado, and Honda Ridgeline before buying my Frontier Crew Cab LE V6. Frontier is better than all; it's very close to the Tacoma but the Toyota's need for premium gas turned me away. The Frontier is not perfect; the seat fabric could be better, the turning radius is poor, and the console is too low/far back. The worst negative is the bump steer when driving at highway speeds; it's a little distracting until you get used to it (keep two hands on the wheel and it's not so bad). However, the acceleration is awesome (I added a K&N filter and gained a couple more HP). Gas mileage is what I expected (avg 18 mpg - hey it's a truck not a hybrid).

Acceleration and quiet ride.

Correct the bump steer problem; better seat fabric; improved console position; standard power seat on LE.

Second Frontier
By Dayve

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good, about 16.1 MPG, but that is driving the speed limit, and trying to get good mileage. I wish they had left the gas tank on the passenger side, few cars have it there, never a line as the pump. Good build quality, really nice seats for cloth, like all the cup holders, and the small storage area under the back seat. Seats are comfortable, wish Nissan offered leather and auto seats with the Nismo.

Sunroof by far. Not a pop up like on my 2001 Frontier, but a full sunroof, moonroof that pops up, but also will totally open. It is positioned perfectly, not load, not too windy, and a good size. Like the stereo too, the Rockford Fosgate system is nice.

Nissan needs to cut some weight somewhere, or somehow inprove the mileage with the existing weight of the truck. I drove the speedlimit, and am very careful on take off, etc., and could only muster 16.1. Yeah, it is a 4x4, and I expected better than the 14MPG from my 01, hoped for 17 with mixed.

Nice Truck!!
By zeke

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Was looking for a new truck and went back and forth between full/midsize. Found some articles on the Fronty on internet and test drove. It was very impressive and spoke for itself. Good power, handling ride quality, well thought out design and ruggedness. Nissan is a player in the truck market offering quality/pricing and a good reputation.

Power, ride quality, pricing. 6.0' bed. Thanks! Nissan quality.

None so far.