2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Not bad!
By Randy Collier on 09/04/07 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I was in love with the truck at first sight but the gas mileage (mpg) was bad. Still very shocked that the fuel economy on this truck was that low. I am driving mostly on the freeway and I am only getting 18-19 mpg. The turning radius is abysmal. I have driven smaller and larger trucks and both had better turning radiuses. The radio stinks! Also the the trim on the steering wheel started to rub off. Did you know they use black plastic with a silver finish? They should keep it black so there will not be any rubbing off.

So far so good
By Juanito on 09/03/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun truck to own. It replaced a stolen F-150 which I liked very much, but this is actually more truck for the money. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a 261 hp V6 and the ride is good. I love the 6M transmission and it shifts like a car. I finally got a chance to fully use the 4wd low in Escalante National Monument in Utah and I can say this truck certainly has the ability to craw up steep slopes. Overall, I have been very pleased with the truck. My only complaint has been a consistent rattle on the driver's side rear door that I will have looked at under warranty. At 3500 miles, I can fully endorse this truck.

Fits my needs perfectly
By LET-CA on 08/30/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove the 6-cylinder versions and the fun-factor was right off the top of the charts. I really didn't need 261 HP though, and the poor mileage that went with it so I opted for the 4-cylinder XE with all the power options. It's not nearly as powerful as the 6, but the 4 cylinder is more than adequate for my needs. I'm averaging just over 21 mpg and it's improving a little with each tankful as the engine breads in. I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market; good build quality, wonderful ride, and fun to drive. Count me as a happy customer.

First Impressions
By Mike on 08/27/07 17:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned the vehicle for less than a week now, so this review is not intended to be anything more than the title states. I'm only 5'8" and feel that the seats are made to fit my size perfectly, so taller drivers may have issues with comfort. I'm generally very pleased with everything about this truck and pretty well initially convinced that I made the right purchase. Only time will tell if this is a lasting impression.

Pleasantly Surprised
By nh4tom on 08/23/07 02:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I needed a mid-size pickup and by chance I test drove a Frontier. I was amazed! Quiet, powerful, smooth shifting, solid build, comfortable and a decent price. Almost two months after purchasing, I'm still very happy with my truck. Minor annoyances: 1. door handle placement requires long reach to close doors when seated, 2. overhead map lights are not shielded and light up the entire cab (a distraction to the driver), 3. lane changes require extra care due to blind spots with king cab.

Awesome Ride!
By Allen on 08/21/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded In my 2000 Nissan Frontier for this one. Considered it a great upgrade. Got a few more features on my new Frontier my other didn't have. I love the fact it has 3 12 volt outlets. I need them all. Lots more room to stretch and love all the extra cargo space. The interior look could have used a little revamping but all in all a great ride!

Nice truck, but...
By Swarty on 08/18/07 19:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier LE is a nice truck with a few caveats. My complaints seem trivial but here they are. One, the turning radius is abysmal. I know, it's a truck, but I was shocked how bad it was. Also, the key fob had a way of easily being hit. I set off the car alarm at least 15 times in 6 months. Gas mileage is fair. I averaged about 17-18 mpg and about 20 on the highway. Stereo is crappy to say the least. That said, it was fun to drive, had great acceleration, I like the tie down system in the bed and my daughter loved riding in it. If you need a truck that will give decent storage room, you could do a lot worse than this one.

I Like It
By pcs on 08/17/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my truck, but want to be honest in my review. Complaints are 1.) The front seats can't be lowered enough for someone my height (6'2"). I am looking through the blue tint at the top of the windshield at everything above the horizon. 2.) When you go over bumpy road at highway speeds the truck is all over the road. White-knuckles on the steering wheel. 3.) The knobs for the a/c controls couldn't feel any cheaper. It feels like they are about to break off every time I touch them. 4.) Looking at the other reviews, how can anyone give it a '10' for fuel economy? I'm getting about 14.2 mpg.

Uncomfortable seats
By KB on 08/10/07 00:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Frontier for two months and while I think the overall ride is great for a truck, I cannot seem to get comfortable in the driver's seat. I am 6'2", 190 pounds with a slender build, but it still seems I'm too big for the seats. How does the average American fit in to these seats. The sides of the seat are poking in to the sides of my rear end and no matter how I adjust my location in the seat it is still uncomfortable. Also, when I have the seat in a fairly upright position I have very little headroom, so I have to keep the set reclined a little more than I would like.

Impressive replacement
By Randall on 08/08/07 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the Tacoma first, very nice truck that I felt lacked muscle to get up to freeway speed. Tested the Frontier and talk about impressive! The power, ride, options and then the real deciding factor, price! Icing on the cake is the fuel economy. At present with 1500 miles, freeway runs at 75-80 mph, a/c on, I get 21.3. City driving I get a fair 16.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.