Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Powerful and Reliable
By Stumpy

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for two years and use it for everything commuting, mountain biking, skiing etc. Lots of power, great on and off road handling, excellent on snow and ice. The crew cab long bed is perfect; I can fit a crew of 4 with 2 dogs and 4 mountain bikes and travel in comfort to far away destinations. I drove all the other crew cab trucks and it came down to the Frontier and the Tacoma, I am very pleased to have chosen the Frontier.

Power, storage, utility and ride. Endless configurations/function.

The long bed takes some maneuvering in tight spots--shorter turn radius would be nice. The SE should have heated mirrors and MP3 input.

Driving the Nismo
By John E.

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2007 Frontier Nismo for a month now (purchased used). Fuel mileage is steady around 18mpg city. I have yet to take it on a trip along highways. It is a bit rougher ride than my neighbors 2006 Frontier XE due to the Nismo package. I would like to have his fuel economy but the towing capacity of mine will be handy with a boat and camper. The ride would be better with different tires. The electronic locking rear differential comes in handy when pulling a boat out of the water at the boat launch. Overall I would give this truck a well deserved A rating.

Electronic locking rear differential. Interior space. Power. Quiet ride (for a truck).

Auto headlights (make standard equipment). Auto door locks (when placed in drive). Move center arm rest forward.

Nismo the goat
By Gonzo

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck, my daughter calls it the goat. The gas mileage at 60 is 24 mpg and it rides very nice.I can't complain if anything its way over built. Power to spare and very roomy, great ergonomics.

Stance and appearance tie down features and spray-in liner.

Turning radius,slider for the back window. Front wind break for the roof rack like on the Xterra.

The Best-of -the-Best!
By Swat

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE, kingcab, 4 cyl, 4x2, auto, bedliner, cruise, cd, priv/glass, slide-r-wind: excellent truck, tough, sporty and great on gas (23 mph in town). I chose over Ford, Toyota & Chevy. No comparison (quality + value). Daily driver. Big Nissan 4 cyl powers like the competition's 6 cyl! Rear suspension will handle heavy loads without dipping, "try that with an f150!" I've owned Dodge, Ford & Chevy but Nissan sincerely is the best thus far.

Big powerful 4cyl powers like the competition's 6cyl, yet frugal on gas. Will handle the heavy loads. Nissan is ahead of the competition when it comes to "Price vs. Value/Quality"

Not one single thing! Nissan scorches the competition with respect to quality, functionality & durability in my opinion.

Needed better mpg with this truck
By Bob

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a truck. After I got this one I wasn't getting the mpg I thought I should. Well, one night I was on the interstate and I went just below 2000 rpm, about 1800 and locked in the cruise control. My mpg went up to over 24. My speed was about 65. With the present gas prices this might help you get some better mpg. Now I don't feel so bad. I like this truck. Mine is a 2 wheel drive Nismo with automatic. My best mpg is 27 using this method. I avg about 24 on the highway. Around town , 17 like everyone else. Hope this helps. You can go up to just about any speed and cut your rpms to about 1800 (or a little above) and improve your mpg.

Nice looking truck and you can ride some people with you and be fairly comfortable. Good space in the front for those in the AARP years.

Radio could be a bit better. Armrest a bit higher. Town mileage could be better but it is a truck you know.