Used 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nissan truck
By snuffboy

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives smooth, sharp interior, very nice to drive. I am very happy with my Nissan Frontier. The only drawback would be the small seats in the king cab, so if you need more room for passengers you should go with the double cab rather than the king cab.

All the storage space, and spacious king cab.

Good truck with some flaws
By 07 Fronty

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck, its very capable off-road and hauls it all around town and on the freeway. I have just under 7k on it and I get the occasional squeak/noise from under the dash, paint chips semi-easily and does GREAT on the freeway, but badly around town. Gas pedal takes a bit to rev. Interior shows scratches like mad. Otherwise, love the looks, features, power.

Power, looks, six speed tranny, MPG on freeway.

Interior! City gas mileage, ground clearance.

Four's fine
By Grailfan

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Was set on a Tacoma. Looked at the Frontier in the 11th hour. The stock and option values were better. The 6 is a great value for lots of extra power, but I wont be doing any heavy hauling. Also nice to have that extra power on tap but as the price of gas goes up-my need for speed goes down. The 2.5 isnt exactly a small 4 anyway. I took mine through the gears @3000 rpm and found the power more than adequate. It's too new to check the gas mileage but I'm sure it will be decent after switching to full synthetic Mobil 1. There are some minor negatives, but overall this is a great truck. Perfect size. Nicest looking.

Beautiful body style. Feels like a solid well engineered truck. Perfect size, perfect engine. Excellent stereo and interior layout. Tire pressure monitoring system. Cleat tie downs. Nicely equipped stock but great value with options package.

Locking gas door. Better turning radius.

So far so good
By Juanito

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun truck to own. It replaced a stolen F-150 which I liked very much, but this is actually more truck for the money. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a 261 hp V6 and the ride is good. I love the 6M transmission and it shifts like a car. I finally got a chance to fully use the 4wd low in Escalante National Monument in Utah and I can say this truck certainly has the ability to craw up steep slopes. Overall, I have been very pleased with the truck. My only complaint has been a consistent rattle on the driver's side rear door that I will have looked at under warranty. At 3500 miles, I can fully endorse this truck.

My favorite parts are the performance of the 6M transmission behind the 4.0 litre 6 cyl. The little extras have been great too such at the included bed extender, the under rear seat storage and the amount of storage availabe in the cab.

I would like to see a better turning radius. My F-150 had a better one. Obviously the spacing on a 6.1 foot bed quad cab creates this condition, but the rear wheels could be set a little closer in. I wish the truck didn't have this persistent rattle.

Fits my needs perfectly
By LET-CA

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove the 6-cylinder versions and the fun-factor was right off the top of the charts. I really didn't need 261 HP though, and the poor mileage that went with it so I opted for the 4-cylinder XE with all the power options. It's not nearly as powerful as the 6, but the 4 cylinder is more than adequate for my needs. I'm averaging just over 21 mpg and it's improving a little with each tankful as the engine breads in. I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market; good build quality, wonderful ride, and fun to drive. Count me as a happy customer.

The power options, windows, cruise control, automatic transmission, etc make this a very civilized little truck. But it's definitely a truck with a somewhat stiff ride to remind you. I love it.

Get rid of the whip antenna and mount it in the windshield.

• SUV