2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck if you dont need a warranty
By 142Nism07 on 04/27/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun truck to drive. Practicle, especially since it has bigger capabilities than it's size. One downfall is the service provided by Nissan. Every problem that has occured with this truck, was turned into a big headache for myself. Currently my dealer refuses to acknowledge that my 6spd clutch has a defect and wants to charge me over $1200 for a new one. I officially documented the complaint at 15k miles though I had the issue from new. There are several cases of this specific defect, which should be warrantied. My dealer refuses. Love the truck, hate the service, and I reccomend buying an automatic, due to relaiability. This is not the only problem with the truck, just the most prevelant

Ahhh... love!
By Kia on 04/22/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my truck! It drives smoothly, quietly has lots of power, and looks awesome, too!

Still happy after 1 year.
By rl on 04/19/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new to replace an '01 2wd Crew Cab SE which was a great truck. I was moving to the Midwest and wanted 4wd. Great advances since then, better in all aspects to the '01. Great motor with acceptable mileage for a truck. I get about 15-16 city, 21+ highway. Some folks don't like the interior, but I don't mind the plastic. It's put together well, and easy to keep clean. Gauges/controls are clear/logically ordered. Sound quality of speakers is good. I primarily an iPod via the aux jack. There is an iPod interface on the 2008s. Get that instead of the disc changer if you can. You might want to consider step rails as it's relatively high off the ground.

Great Truck
By Dan on 03/23/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new and have 20,000 of problem free miles on it. Test drove other midsize trucks and this was the best one by far. I could be like a lot of other people and say the fuel economy could be better, but it's a truck and I expect it.

Great Truck
By Al on 01/26/08 05:02 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This one great truck! Previous Ford owner, and this truck will out perform the Ranger hands down. The the power is incredible. The six speed tranny boosts the fuel economy to 21-23. the other manufacturers better get it together if they are going to keep up with Nissan on this one!

3 month update
By sdhk on 01/14/08 18:36 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier crew cab has nice road feel - stable and solid, a comfortable ride and great space utilization options behind the driver seat. I think with a few improvements/options it could fit the needs of lots more customers than it currently attracts and could be a perfect choice for those of us looking for an all around vehicle with versatility and don't need a truck for towing or offroading.

Great Truck!
By Bill on 01/07/08 06:55 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is great, I've shopped the competition and found this to be the best deal. I'm getting 18.9 mpg average in summer and 17.8 average in winter. I've upgraded to 89 octane this winter for a 1-2 mpg boost. you may get 16 mpg in the cold on 87 octane. I'm gonna try 93 and see if it is overall cheaper or not. I've got 6,000 miles on the truck and have had no problems at all. the 4wd works great, snow and hills are nothing. Great truck!

Frontier king cab
By art on 01/03/08 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The frontier king cab is pretty nice, it does have some flaws that you have to look for. The king cab is ok if you are going to put a baby back there. I would go with a crew cab next time, also the interior is cheap looking but that's ok, it's a truck. The clock radio should be different color, can't read if the sun is out. I do hear a noise under the dash board sometimes and also when I spin the tires I hear a funny noise, the wide turn stinks. Overall the truck is nice, if you are looking for room for back passengers definitely go with the crew cab. Fuel mileage could be better for a 6 cyl. Also my brakes squeak a lot.

Nice truck, but...
By Grant Chance on 12/29/07 18:15 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought truck in Jan '07, & have irritating 'clanging/rattling' sound that occurs at medium rpm around 30 mph. Sounds like a heat shield. Took to Niisan dealer & was told it was the catalytic converter, that there was nothing they could do. This is unnaceptable for a 23k truck! Very comfortable, good power, OK mileage for a truck. Base radio is a joke! Heavy tailgate. Headlights are slightly dim.

5 Months and still loving it
By Zach J on 12/26/07 08:22 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wrote a review called '3 Months and still love it'. I have now driven my truck in both summer and winter (live in the Northeast). I have also gotten over my initial 'new car happy' feeling, but believe me: I'm still very happy with my truck. I took fuel economy down one notch because in four wheel drive I know it's depressingly low. All vehicles are low in 4WD though, so don't skip this truck because of that. The power is still great, handles like a dream, and there has been ZERO snowpiles or unplowed roads that I could not get through. I live in a city built on a hill where they don't know how to plow, and I still haven't had a single problem in the snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.