Used 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Solid
By kdawg

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered this 2dr Nismo after reading Edmunds 2006 review...rated Frontier as #1 and again in 2007. Super solid, crisp handling, fantastic acceleration, impossible to get stuck, comfortable ride...just one tough truck. This will be a keeper for a long,long time.

Favorite Features

Desert storm grey exterior, 6 sp manual, looks, ground clearance, ride, 2 tone seats, acceleration, construction

Suggested Improvements

Extend arm rest, sunroof for 2dr models

Driving the Nismo
By John E.

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2007 Frontier Nismo for a month now (purchased used). Fuel mileage is steady around 18mpg city. I have yet to take it on a trip along highways. It is a bit rougher ride than my neighbors 2006 Frontier XE due to the Nismo package. I would like to have his fuel economy but the towing capacity of mine will be handy with a boat and camper. The ride would be better with different tires. The electronic locking rear differential comes in handy when pulling a boat out of the water at the boat launch. Overall I would give this truck a well deserved A rating.

Favorite Features

Electronic locking rear differential. Interior space. Power. Quiet ride (for a truck).

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights (make standard equipment). Auto door locks (when placed in drive). Move center arm rest forward.

The Best-of -the-Best!
By Swat

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE, kingcab, 4 cyl, 4x2, auto, bedliner, cruise, cd, priv/glass, slide-r-wind: excellent truck, tough, sporty and great on gas (23 mph in town). I chose over Ford, Toyota & Chevy. No comparison (quality + value). Daily driver. Big Nissan 4 cyl powers like the competition's 6 cyl! Rear suspension will handle heavy loads without dipping, "try that with an f150!" I've owned Dodge, Ford & Chevy but Nissan sincerely is the best thus far.

Favorite Features

Big powerful 4cyl powers like the competition's 6cyl, yet frugal on gas. Will handle the heavy loads. Nissan is ahead of the competition when it comes to "Price vs. Value/Quality"

Suggested Improvements

Not one single thing! Nissan scorches the competition with respect to quality, functionality & durability in my opinion.

Great truck if you dont need a warranty
By 142Nism07

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun truck to drive. Practicle, especially since it has bigger capabilities than it's size. One downfall is the service provided by Nissan. Every problem that has occured with this truck, was turned into a big headache for myself. Currently my dealer refuses to acknowledge that my 6spd clutch has a defect and wants to charge me over $1200 for a new one. I officially documented the complaint at 15k miles though I had the issue from new. There are several cases of this specific defect, which should be warrantied. My dealer refuses. Love the truck, hate the service, and I reccomend buying an automatic, due to relaiability. This is not the only problem with the truck, just the most prevelant

Favorite Features

Stable ride, fast, utili-track system quite usefull. Solid truck.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability. Service. Warranty. Better Dealers. Dealer Support.

Great Truck
By Al

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This one great truck! Previous Ford owner, and this truck will out perform the Ranger hands down. The the power is incredible. The six speed tranny boosts the fuel economy to 21-23. the other manufacturers better get it together if they are going to keep up with Nissan on this one!

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, Handles nicely, and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The back jump seat is outfitted for a car seat. This makes the seat top heavy and when you hit a bump the seat falls. I just removed the child seat feature - end of problem.