Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Excellent Truck, Great Price.
By Gonzo1124

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an '06 Honda Ridgeline for the Frontier SE and I am extremely happy with my decision. The Ridge was an okay vehicle, but not a true truck. The short bed was a negative, the squatting of the rear end while towing was not acceptable and the mileage was pitiful at 13 to 14 mpg. The Frontier is a great, good looking real truck with ample towing capacity (6,500 with the V-6) great looks, good ride and a very powerful, with a lot of torque V- 6 engine. My full size motorcycle fits very well in the bed and when towing a trailer, you don't even notice you are pulling something back there. This truck will burn rubber any time you want to from a dead stop.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, looks, ride and towing capacity.

Good truck with some flaws
By 07 Fronty

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck, its very capable off-road and hauls it all around town and on the freeway. I have just under 7k on it and I get the occasional squeak/noise from under the dash, paint chips semi-easily and does GREAT on the freeway, but badly around town. Gas pedal takes a bit to rev. Interior shows scratches like mad. Otherwise, love the looks, features, power.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, six speed tranny, MPG on freeway.

Suggested Improvements

Interior! City gas mileage, ground clearance.

Four's fine
By Grailfan

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Was set on a Tacoma. Looked at the Frontier in the 11th hour. The stock and option values were better. The 6 is a great value for lots of extra power, but I wont be doing any heavy hauling. Also nice to have that extra power on tap but as the price of gas goes up-my need for speed goes down. The 2.5 isnt exactly a small 4 anyway. I took mine through the gears @3000 rpm and found the power more than adequate. It's too new to check the gas mileage but I'm sure it will be decent after switching to full synthetic Mobil 1. There are some minor negatives, but overall this is a great truck. Perfect size. Nicest looking.

Favorite Features

Beautiful body style. Feels like a solid well engineered truck. Perfect size, perfect engine. Excellent stereo and interior layout. Tire pressure monitoring system. Cleat tie downs. Nicely equipped stock but great value with options package.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas door. Better turning radius.

Great Truck
By JWG

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2007 Crew Cab 4 months ago and I love it. Traded in a 2004 Titan and love that too but the gas mileage won me over on the Frontier. Just bought another Frontier today.

Suggested Improvements

The radio.

New vs. Old
By Dayve

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 01 Supercharged Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 with 160K + miles, having had no problems with it, on an 07 Frontier. The turning radius is horrible. The driver's door should have a handle on it; when open and you are seatbelted in, it is hard to close. Console should be forward to use as an armrest or be moveable. The dash has several creases and pieces, where dust and dirt can get, just does not look finished, and looks worse than my 01 dash. My gas mileage mixed driving is 17.7, which is 3 mpg better than my underpowered 01 SC Frontier. Love the sunroof, the Nismo sits very high, stereo is nice, mileage read out good, overall very happy.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, 4x4, mileage read out, sits high up, automatic, power, lumbar support, bigger gas tank, more miles to drive before filling up again, spray on bedliner, moveable bed extender, and latches on rails in the bed, stereo, storage under back seat, cupholders, little storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Dash looks cheap, too many overlapping pieces, should be one or two pieces, not look like a puzzle. My 01 SC Frontier rims were nice, these are barely acceptable, should be one bolted on hook or loop in the back for locking items to the bed, honestly hate all the chrome on the Nismo.