Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2007 crewcab
By bub

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving wifes 03 F150 and needed something for myself so I got a fairly good deal on the frontier.The ride is rougher which for me is just fine.

Favorite Features

Love the color (red), engine has great power and automactic shifts very smooth. The power group in a must.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are too tall and I hit my head every time when entering truck, radio is terrible, console is way to low & should at least have a outside temp display. Headlights seem is be a tad dim. Int has too much cheap plastic. Turning radius is a joke.

Best pickup yet
By sca1211g

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two Ford 4x4 F-150s, and a Ford Ranger 4x4, this truck crushes all three in terms of power, reliability, "fun factor", off-road performance, ride and overall quality. Hauls three kids, 4,000 lb boat, and all our gear with room & power to spare. Blasted through 12-24 inch snow drifts before any plows had a chance to clear the roads after a nasty Michigan storm. Have pulled many friends' full sized domestics from sloppy mudholes while hunting/fishing up north. Drive around 22,000-25,000 mi per year, no issues as of yet. Use roof rack in conjuction w/ cargo basket more than I thought I would. Bedliner/tiedowns great.

Favorite Features

Motor/trans combo=smooth power & torque when needed. Stiff ride outstanding on trails, but not too harsh on pavement. Size and overall utility as family vehicle plus toy hauler for boating or hunting/fishing trips.

Suggested Improvements

Radio overall sound quality could be better, needs iPod jack. No way to disable bed light, very annoying when hunting or camping. Love to see a light/medium duty diesel for better fuel economy w/same tow capacity.

2007 crew cab review
By sdhk

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a four door pickup to get me to work, pick up groceries and occasionally haul a couple of 2x4s or a couple to dinner. Truck is too big and overpowered for my needs, but a compromise and the best overall choice for me compared to a Tacoma, Canyon, Sport Trac. Lots of minor irritations in the interior design, but the Nissan reputation for reliability was a big selling point for me.

Favorite Features

Flip up back seats with removable headrests, solid feel, color and look. Sprayed on bedliner.

Suggested Improvements

Short armrest is my biggest gripe... I can't use it. Turn signal is also a tad bit too short. How about a more reasonable speedometer range that doesn't cramp the numbers? Seat fabric design with holes will catch and hold crumbs. Hard plastic on doors looks cheap. Turning radius and radio subpar.

3 Months and still love it
By Zach J

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was test driving the Frontier and the Tacoma left and right, but I had to go with the Frontier. Since then it has been great. I love the power mostly, but I'm getting between 18 and 20 MPG, which is slow city and highway mixed together. Wish there were a few more features available with the SE model rather than having to upgrade to the NISMO (like a $6K step up). Wanted a better sound system and spray in liner. Nothing I can't do aftermarket though. Plus I can drive on 87 fuel, who wants to pay for 91 in the Tacoma?

Favorite Features

Power, acceleration, ride high, 6 spd, nice ride both on highway and around the block.

Suggested Improvements

Radio, speakers, spray in and more upgrades on lower models. Honestly it's pretty hard to complain about this truck. Go see for yourself.

Nissan truck
By snuffboy

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives smooth, sharp interior, very nice to drive. I am very happy with my Nissan Frontier. The only drawback would be the small seats in the king cab, so if you need more room for passengers you should go with the double cab rather than the king cab.

Favorite Features

All the storage space, and spacious king cab.