2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
I test drove both Nissan and Toyota
By muttley on 05/09/07 00:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been researching both vehicles over the past 2 months and decided to go with the Nismo Frontier Crew. I recommend everyone to test both first. The reason I chose the Nissan over Toyota was for the overall build and engineering of the truck. When you test drive the Toyota look at the liftgate then look at the liftgate on the Nissan. The liftgate on the Nissan was much thicker and more heavyduty on the Nissan. It felt like a full size truck liftgate. Also when you are test driving the Toyota spend some time and look underneath the vehicle. The components underneath seem very thin and weak where as the Nissan looks like it could take a land mine and keep going. This is a strong truck!

Very good value
By cry havoc on 05/05/07 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Manual, 4x2 air, 4-cyl, cruise, preferred package. Power is OK for a 2.5L, at least when I can get the gear of my choice. Pleasant drive, capable of doing almost everything a light-duty truck and daily commuter vehicle could be expected to offer. I got more for my money with the Frontier. The king cab has non-adult rear seats; if you want to use them, get the crew cab.

Nice Light duty truck
By Light Duty Hauler on 05/04/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Checked Tacoma, Ranger, and Colorado. Frontier has good road visibility, good seating and the gas mileage we wanted. Cargo capacity is generous, ABS brakes effective and love the King Cab. Sad to give up our 1989 Chevy S10 but are very pleased with this new member to our family. For us, it is a great light duty hauler in the 4 cylinder version. The 4 cylinder is adequate but nothing snappy. The overdrive is easily engaged or disengaged in hill climbing or descent. 4 wheel ABS is very good.

Perfect 10
By Awesome Truck on 05/01/07 19:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this truck, the way it looks, the way it drives, the cupholders, the sound system, seating position and yes, even the fuel economy. I got 21.25 mpg on my last tank with mixed driving. I do use the cruise control whenever possible but I sincerely doubt there are many other V-6 4x4s out there that can make that claim. I think it will give me 23 -24 mpg for all hwy miles. The overall value is awesome.

2007 SE 4x4 CC LB
By cfm628 on 04/29/07 04:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I checked out the Tacoma and the Ridgeline prior to purchasing the Frontier. I didn't like the Tacoma ride and the cost. The Ridgeline was very nice, but not "trucky" enough for me. The ride and feel are so much better than the 2005 Ranger I traded. I have owned two other Nissans and this is the best yet.

Good Pick
By Good Pick on 04/26/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th truck. Looks are awesome. Truck has plenty of power better than my chevy with a 305 V-8. Cargo features are nice. Rides great. Could get a bit better fuel mileage (my average is 18 Miles) but I think Nissan traded performance for fuel economy. Turning radius is not good. Don't try to u-turn with busy traffic. My only complaint was driver side left foot rest took up too much space. I removed it and made a much better flat surface with rubber top - worked great.

Good Quality Basic Truck
By Peacefield on 04/26/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Handsome inside and out, good build quality, and comfortable. Too new to tell on reliability, but it's already leading me to high expectations. Not a bad little engine and an easy clutch, though I wish the gear box felt more certain and direct through the stick to my hand. My only real complaint is that the truck suffers terribly from bump steer. You don't even have to be going very fast to be startled by it. Hit some bumps while going around the curve (or even going straight for that matter), and the wheels leave the road to come down some place different. That aside, it's a nice driving truck and represents a very good value. I'm happy with my purchase.

Great Value
By Retiredrobert on 04/24/07 07:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched both the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma trucks. Of the two the Nissan was a better value. It cost less to purchase, had lower maintenance costs and resale was comperable, based on initial purchase price) after 5 yrs. The reliability is the same as the Toyota and the features are better.

So Far, So Good
By BB Shotz on 04/19/07 19:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

3000 miles and running great. I have added Nissan splashguards, an aftermarket sunroof and will replace the stock stereo in due course. Only disappointment is mileage. I drive mostly city and get 22 MPG, which is better than sticker.

Great Truck
By David D on 04/14/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the truck about one month and so far, I love it. Mine has just about every available option and is really comfortable and attractive. I haven't taken it off-road yet, but the highway ride is outstanding. I compared it to the Tacoma, but ended up going with the Frontier for its better ride and more available options. The Frontier also feels more powerful to me, although supposedly the Tacoma is faster. Both are good trucks, I just thought I got more for the money with the Nissan. Bottom line is that I strongly recommend this truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.