Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Most Helpful|
Rock Solid
By Ed W

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading some of the comments on this web I must add mine. This truck has been fantastic. No problems, just oil changes and tire rotations. Just past 60K and still the original brakes. Not a rattle in the vehicle at all. Rides quiet and solid. Love the Rockford Fosgate stereo

Love It
By lemurmonkey

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. My brother has the 2door Nismo and I drove it for a weekend and fell in love. I needed the 4 door for my 2 kids. (no nismo needed here either) The V6 rumbles when you push it higher than 3500rpms. I haven't towed anything yet(but I have no fear of under-performing). Very comfortable compared to other trucks. Read the reviews out there and you will find this is the best truck in it's class. I purchased used at 45K miles, so we'll see how reliable this thing is. Great looking truck, fast off the line, very capable 4x4, comfortable interior, and feel of high quality materials(unlike Chevy/GMC Canyon).

Favorite Features

Thrust from V6 Roomy back seat Nice truck bed features 6-speed awesomeness Very Comfortable cabin

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius Nothing Else

109K Miles Down, Looking forward to 100K more!
By buldog60

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been amazing. I have had no complaints at all. I feel safe with driving my family around in it. I do not worry that it won't start or will die on the road. I got it with 40K miles on it and have never wanted anything else. I am averaging 20 MPG with mostly hwy driving. Adding the K&N Air Filter was a great call. All my friends want one like it, and I highly recommend it to anyone. I am actually looking at another one as a second vehicle.

Favorite Features

Tie Down system in the bed, Tail Gate bed extender, Roof rack, running boards.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would always be nice.

Replaced clutch at 35,000 miles
By Rolland weeks

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my son a Frontier. Replacing the clutch at 35,000 miles this week. This is not what I expected at 35,00 miles. My toyota pickup clutch was replaced at 260,000 miles. I guess you get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

A lot of power and fun to drive. Nice body style (4 door crew cab).

Suggested Improvements

Transmission seems a little high geared.

Almost there
By P-R.B.

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I set out to buy my first news vehicle I knew one thing. I was getting a truck. I researched everything I could about recently produced 4x4 mid-size trucks, and was hoping to find and American made that fit my criteria. After all was said and done I bought my '07 frontier brand- new with 205 miles on it. I was spoiled for a few years owning a '78 international scout ii. I have put this Nissan through the same paces that I was able to put old Betsy through, however. At 37,000 mi. I needed to replace the clutch, and now at 78,000 I am needing to open the transfer case because the 4x4 won't disengage all of the way. So I ask, "what the hell?" why are these things breaking?

Favorite Features

The Nissan Frontier SE Crew-Cab is the only truck in it's class that could hold a candle to an International Scout II. I love almost everything about it. 265 hp. 285 ft. lbs. of torque, six speed manual transmission, four door, cruise- control, power windows, cd player, the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Please make this truck a high-output diesel. Please put in manual- locking hubs, and an actual 4x4 shift lever. Please remove the spare tire from under the truck and install a swing-away tail- gate carrier. Please make the clutch, and 4x4 components stronger, much stronger.