Used 2007 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

New truck owner
By gopackers3

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

Favorite Features

Excellent seats and overall fit and finish. All of the reviews fell short on the plastic feel of the interior, but you need to remember this is a truck and the interior design I think is really pretty good. For a mid-size pickup, the exterior features used from the tundra make this truck look just a tough as any full size.

Suggested Improvements

A couple of more inches to the back seating in order to make the bench seat actually usable.

Frontier XE
By jeff

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned an 03',an 05' and an 07'. All 3 were XE's. My 07' is a 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. This truck is by far the best ever. Rides like a real truck (full frame), pulls hills just fine.The 5 speed manual is perfect for this. anyone who has taken a trip with me complements the ride. Nissan has raised the bar. A 23mph average truck that can haul 1500 lbs up hills. You will not go wrong purchasing the truck.

Favorite Features

The manual tranny, and how quiet the ride.

Suggested Improvements

better seats. Each one I have owned has had the same problem. The seats are a little to narrow; like they were built for people under 5'10"

Great truck!!
By kendall

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My dad owned a 03 frontier and has had zero problems in about 4 years with 60ish thousand miles so I figured I'll go with a Nissan. Bought the truck used and use it to read meters in central florida and the truck rides pretty darn good. Had to put a small lift kit on it for ground clearance but the truck can take a beating and keep on going. Dislikes are horrible blindspot on the kingcab and not so great turning radius which everyone else has stated. Tows my 18' flats boat pretty good, can't complain for a 4 banger. But overall great truck with great style.

Favorite Features

Power options. Wider bed than the previous models which is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius and get rid of some of the plastic inside the truck.

Four's fine
By Grailfan

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Was set on a Tacoma. Looked at the Frontier in the 11th hour. The stock and option values were better. The 6 is a great value for lots of extra power, but I wont be doing any heavy hauling. Also nice to have that extra power on tap but as the price of gas goes up-my need for speed goes down. The 2.5 isnt exactly a small 4 anyway. I took mine through the gears @3000 rpm and found the power more than adequate. It's too new to check the gas mileage but I'm sure it will be decent after switching to full synthetic Mobil 1. There are some minor negatives, but overall this is a great truck. Perfect size. Nicest looking.

Favorite Features

Beautiful body style. Feels like a solid well engineered truck. Perfect size, perfect engine. Excellent stereo and interior layout. Tire pressure monitoring system. Cleat tie downs. Nicely equipped stock but great value with options package.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas door. Better turning radius.

Awesome Ride!
By Allen

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded In my 2000 Nissan Frontier for this one. Considered it a great upgrade. Got a few more features on my new Frontier my other didn't have. I love the fact it has 3 12 volt outlets. I need them all. Lots more room to stretch and love all the extra cargo space. The interior look could have used a little revamping but all in all a great ride!

Favorite Features

3 12 volt outlets, and lots of extra space. Lots more power and torque without giving up mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a nicer interior look and a longer arm rest in the middle. Blind spots on driver side with the headrest, and passenger side when I'm merging.