Used 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

New truck owner
By gopackers3

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

Favorite Features

Excellent seats and overall fit and finish. All of the reviews fell short on the plastic feel of the interior, but you need to remember this is a truck and the interior design I think is really pretty good. For a mid-size pickup, the exterior features used from the tundra make this truck look just a tough as any full size.

Suggested Improvements

A couple of more inches to the back seating in order to make the bench seat actually usable.

No Power!
By wadk

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE is severely underpowered, too much truck and not enough engine, should never have got it. Need the V6.

Favorite Features

Truck looks great, good ground clearence.

2007 Frontier
By greentreefro

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, excellent value. The V6 engine has lots of power and the 6 speed manual gets me 25 MPG average better on long trips around 28MPG. I will enjoy this truck for many years to come.

The Beast
By Mike

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great all around truck with great towing power and torque. I added a k&n intake. E3 spark plugs. And drilled and slotted ebc rotors with ceramic pads. I have to say for some small bolt on mods. The truck performs like a sports car and pushes over 300 hp. With the truck breathing and sparking so well I have been getting 21 mpg city and 27 highway. I also use the high octane fuel the owners manual suggests. Nothing under 91 octane. You can use 87 in a pinch but if the folks who designed the engine ask for the good stuff. Its for a reason. Use it!

Favorite Features

Ride height, tight steering, beefy tires, responsive 4 liter V6. Great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Timing chain tensioner will start to whine and need replacement. Heat shields around the exhaust rattle and need fixing. Some people report clunking noise from rear end (could be overdrive related) Fuel level indicator is on recall. Use your warranty!!

A "Useful" Truck - Does it all!
By BearsFan34

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

OK like Thomas the tank engine, it's useful for most needs of the average household! I bought this truck after repairing a customers SE in the Body Shop and was blown away with the 4cly performance. It handles a yard and a half of mulch with no strain, is well as several trips of 12 bags of leaves to the dump with the bed extender used, commuting 50 miles a day for work getting 22.7 mpg! Savings on the same range traveled with my prior 06 F150 is 6 gallons a fill, that's over $600.a year saved based on 2.75 a gallon-WOW! Mine came with the "old man"(grin-see other post!)options: A/Trans, power windows, door locks, sliding back glass, bedliner, bedextender, CD player-Great Truck!

Favorite Features

It's done everything that my F150 did, even tows a utility trailer without straining. The brakes are great-4wheel disc. The 4dr cab isn't available on Ranger in its 4cly model.The rear seats fold up to allow putting groceries inside the cab. Did good in the snow for a 2WD truck.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm. How about putting limited slip as an option? Maybe a tighter radius steering rack as well. Oh the other idea maybe balance the tailgate so it doesn't feel as heavy on lifting it!