2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
New truck owner
By gopackers3 on 07/11/13 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

No Power!
By wadk on 02/26/12 15:07 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE is severely underpowered, too much truck and not enough engine, should never have got it. Need the V6.

2007 Frontier
By greentreefro on 02/27/11 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, excellent value. The V6 engine has lots of power and the 6 speed manual gets me 25 MPG average better on long trips around 28MPG. I will enjoy this truck for many years to come.

The Beast
By Mike on 08/05/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great all around truck with great towing power and torque. I added a k&n intake. E3 spark plugs. And drilled and slotted ebc rotors with ceramic pads. I have to say for some small bolt on mods. The truck performs like a sports car and pushes over 300 hp. With the truck breathing and sparking so well I have been getting 21 mpg city and 27 highway. I also use the high octane fuel the owners manual suggests. Nothing under 91 octane. You can use 87 in a pinch but if the folks who designed the engine ask for the good stuff. Its for a reason. Use it!

A "Useful" Truck - Does it all!
By BearsFan34 on 05/17/10 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

OK like Thomas the tank engine, it's useful for most needs of the average household! I bought this truck after repairing a customers SE in the Body Shop and was blown away with the 4cly performance. It handles a yard and a half of mulch with no strain, is well as several trips of 12 bags of leaves to the dump with the bed extender used, commuting 50 miles a day for work getting 22.7 mpg! Savings on the same range traveled with my prior 06 F150 is 6 gallons a fill, that's over $600.a year saved based on 2.75 a gallon-WOW! Mine came with the "old man"(grin-see other post!)options: A/Trans, power windows, door locks, sliding back glass, bedliner, bedextender, CD player-Great Truck!

Truck Stinks
By Kevin on 03/09/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this horrible vehicle. It has been in service on average every two months costing me lots of money. The latest issue was a short in the wiring harness causing all of the back light to go out. $2.52 for the part and $152 in labor. This truck also had the fuel gauge issue costing me $474 to repair one year ago. Now that there is a recall Nissan has the gall to tell me that my vin falls outside of the range. What kind of double talk is that. There have been so many issues that there is not enough space to write them all. Stay away from Nissan. Bad news!!!

2 year update
By c192ps on 12/29/09 11:23 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the stock tires are only good for southern Cal. I purchase a set of BFG AT and they made a world deference off road. It will climb now with all most no wheel spin, where as before the stock tires just couldn't find traction. The only down side to using real off road tire is I lost about 2 mpg. No real problems with the truck, I even have hauled one cubic yard of gravel with it, just got to go slow.

Frontier Braker$$$
By DANO on 11/23/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Researched several brands before purchasing Frontier. Looked to be the best value for the money. Fit and finish were tight with no apparent problems. Interior entry is difficult for tall or large frame people. Seating is comfortable on short and long trips. Interior is sparten with lots of vinyl. Only one recall for crash sensor in front due to corrosion. Rear box is functional with the spray-on bed liner, lock down hooks and bed extender are a complete loss for our usage. Tires make a lot of road noise which permeates thru cabin area, but is manageable. Brakes have been a major disappointment on this vehicle, both in stopping and replacement (22000) much to premature for 25k trk

Frontier XE
By jeff on 10/24/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned an 03',an 05' and an 07'. All 3 were XE's. My 07' is a 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. This truck is by far the best ever. Rides like a real truck (full frame), pulls hills just fine.The 5 speed manual is perfect for this. anyone who has taken a trip with me complements the ride. Nissan has raised the bar. A 23mph average truck that can haul 1500 lbs up hills. You will not go wrong purchasing the truck.

Perfect
By Mike on 06/20/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at all small trucks and this was by far the best out there. Had for 2.5 years and never had any problems, even the mileage is better than I thought. Would buy again, but will be keeping this for years to come.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.