Used 2007 Nissan Frontier LE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nice truck, but...
By Swarty

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier LE is a nice truck with a few caveats. My complaints seem trivial but here they are. One, the turning radius is abysmal. I know, it's a truck, but I was shocked how bad it was. Also, the key fob had a way of easily being hit. I set off the car alarm at least 15 times in 6 months. Gas mileage is fair. I averaged about 17-18 mpg and about 20 on the highway. Stereo is crappy to say the least. That said, it was fun to drive, had great acceleration, I like the tie down system in the bed and my daughter loved riding in it. If you need a truck that will give decent storage room, you could do a lot worse than this one.

Tie down system in bed is pretty great.

Better stereo, better key fob, beter turning radius, and someday better gas mileage.

I Like It
By pcs

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my truck, but want to be honest in my review. Complaints are 1.) The front seats can't be lowered enough for someone my height (6'2"). I am looking through the blue tint at the top of the windshield at everything above the horizon. 2.) When you go over bumpy road at highway speeds the truck is all over the road. White-knuckles on the steering wheel. 3.) The knobs for the a/c controls couldn't feel any cheaper. It feels like they are about to break off every time I touch them. 4.) Looking at the other reviews, how can anyone give it a '10' for fuel economy? I'm getting about 14.2 mpg.

Good power, drives like a car.

Fix the seats so they can be adjusted 2" to 4" lower. Raise the center armrest to be equal to the side armrests.

A big truck in a small package
By Dave

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I set off to ID a replacement for my little 01 Toyota Tacoma, I wanted to match its overall reliability, maneuverability and fuel economy but also gain a roomier interior, 4 doors, horsepower, a more civilized ride and a few bells and whistles. Some internet research and a few test drives quickly steered me towards the Frontier over the Tacoma and Colorado. The "Fronty" (CrewCab, 5' bed) had big truck power, ride and interior room without being gas thirsty and a PITA to park/drive in tight places. It also, IMHO, had better styling and initial build quality than the others. (My Taco was a rattle trap!) I got 20% off/ below invoice on a loaded LE with little effort. Try that with Toyota.

Where to start?! Performance, civilized ride, spacious and quiet interior, body style, better than hoped (18.5+) MPG, bed/cargo management system (!) price, and last but not least, It's NOT another Toyota

Nitpicking things really: lighted cruise control, improved arm rest/console, wider/longer roof rack, and a decent radio/sound system. Std sunroof and maybe a woodgrain option for the dash on the LE version would be nice as well.

Great Value
By Retiredrobert

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I researched both the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma trucks. Of the two the Nissan was a better value. It cost less to purchase, had lower maintenance costs and resale was comperable, based on initial purchase price) after 5 yrs. The reliability is the same as the Toyota and the features are better.

Disc brakes all around, more comfortable seating, higher performance engine, sprayed in bed liner was standard and it has a better system to secure cargo in the bed. More flexibility with the roof rail system. Even the interior is more flexible with the the way the seats fold up and down & flat.

Better standard radio/CD player and the ability to have certain options without buying several packages.

comfortable but sturdy
By Steve

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck was the best of all the midsized trucks I drove. It had the smoothest ride. Better than the Tacoma. It seemed to have more power also. During the first highway drive home my wife fell asleep, so that speaks to the comfort both of the ride and of the seats. The 5 speed automatic Transmission shifts smoothly and not too frequently, I believe this is because of the excessive torque of the engine. It does not have to down shift very often. The truck weighs more than the Tacoma this gives a better ride and a stronger truck for less money. If you are wondering How I liked the Ford the Dodge or the Chevy lets just say I bought the Nissan and leave it at that.

The best feature is the tiedown & rail system in the bed. It can fit any configuration and if you like even more options they are available as extras

If I had to make an improvement it would be to dress up the interior, specifically the dash it is plain. But for a truck this is really nit picking