2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
New truck owner
By gopackers3 on 07/11/13 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

Frontier XE
By jeff on 10/24/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned an 03',an 05' and an 07'. All 3 were XE's. My 07' is a 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. This truck is by far the best ever. Rides like a real truck (full frame), pulls hills just fine.The 5 speed manual is perfect for this. anyone who has taken a trip with me complements the ride. Nissan has raised the bar. A 23mph average truck that can haul 1500 lbs up hills. You will not go wrong purchasing the truck.

Great truck!!
By kendall on 12/17/07 16:00 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My dad owned a 03 frontier and has had zero problems in about 4 years with 60ish thousand miles so I figured I'll go with a Nissan. Bought the truck used and use it to read meters in central florida and the truck rides pretty darn good. Had to put a small lift kit on it for ground clearance but the truck can take a beating and keep on going. Dislikes are horrible blindspot on the kingcab and not so great turning radius which everyone else has stated. Tows my 18' flats boat pretty good, can't complain for a 4 banger. But overall great truck with great style.

Four's fine
By Grailfan on 10/08/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Was set on a Tacoma. Looked at the Frontier in the 11th hour. The stock and option values were better. The 6 is a great value for lots of extra power, but I wont be doing any heavy hauling. Also nice to have that extra power on tap but as the price of gas goes up-my need for speed goes down. The 2.5 isnt exactly a small 4 anyway. I took mine through the gears @3000 rpm and found the power more than adequate. It's too new to check the gas mileage but I'm sure it will be decent after switching to full synthetic Mobil 1. There are some minor negatives, but overall this is a great truck. Perfect size. Nicest looking.

Awesome Ride!
By Allen on 08/21/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded In my 2000 Nissan Frontier for this one. Considered it a great upgrade. Got a few more features on my new Frontier my other didn't have. I love the fact it has 3 12 volt outlets. I need them all. Lots more room to stretch and love all the extra cargo space. The interior look could have used a little revamping but all in all a great ride!

Quality in the perfect sized truck.
By Derrick on 08/07/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this truck to replace '00 Sonoma. The difference is night and day. The quality of build is fantastic. It is very sturdy and refined. The 4 cyl of course is not as fast as the 6, but I cruise effortlessly at 75-80 mph. I have driven it in the mountains of Arizona and it has plenty of power going uphill. This is complemented by the excellent handling and nicely geared transmission. I average about 24 mpg without the AC and 22 with. This truck is the perfect size as it provides realistic space for short term rear passengers without compromising the bed, and still fits in a standard garage.

Best of the Best
By naprat on 07/14/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We test drove all makes and models of trucks. As soon as we drove the Frontier we knew it was the one. Like everything about it. The only thing we wish we would have gotten was the power package.

Engine mount problems
By Michael on 06/10/07 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck with 75 miles on it last 11/26/06 and was pretty impressed initially. I have had the vehicle in the shop twice now for engine mount problems. I picked the truck up and it sounded good for 40 miles and the sound is back so it will be going in again for service. Overall the truck isn't too bad for what I paid for it. I wouldn't buy another nissan truck again but I will stick to Toyota in the future.

New Review
By Truck Driver on 05/13/07 09:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 1994 Nissan pickup and decided it was time to update. The Nissan is a dream to drive, and the 4 cyl provides enough power and fuel economy to boot. The economics proved in favor of the Nissan with getting the preferred, power, bed liner packages for $1000 less than a lesser equipped Tacoma. A very satisfied return Nissan owner.

Very good value
By cry havoc on 05/05/07 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Manual, 4x2 air, 4-cyl, cruise, preferred package. Power is OK for a 2.5L, at least when I can get the gear of my choice. Pleasant drive, capable of doing almost everything a light-duty truck and daily commuter vehicle could be expected to offer. I got more for my money with the Frontier. The king cab has non-adult rear seats; if you want to use them, get the crew cab.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.