Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

109K Miles Down, Looking forward to 100K more!
By buldog60

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been amazing. I have had no complaints at all. I feel safe with driving my family around in it. I do not worry that it won't start or will die on the road. I got it with 40K miles on it and have never wanted anything else. I am averaging 20 MPG with mostly hwy driving. Adding the K&N Air Filter was a great call. All my friends want one like it, and I highly recommend it to anyone. I am actually looking at another one as a second vehicle.

Favorite Features

Tie Down system in the bed, Tail Gate bed extender, Roof rack, running boards.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would always be nice.

New truck owner
By gopackers3

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

Favorite Features

Excellent seats and overall fit and finish. All of the reviews fell short on the plastic feel of the interior, but you need to remember this is a truck and the interior design I think is really pretty good. For a mid-size pickup, the exterior features used from the tundra make this truck look just a tough as any full size.

Suggested Improvements

A couple of more inches to the back seating in order to make the bench seat actually usable.

No Power!
By wadk

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE is severely underpowered, too much truck and not enough engine, should never have got it. Need the V6.

Favorite Features

Truck looks great, good ground clearence.

Love It
By lemurmonkey

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. My brother has the 2door Nismo and I drove it for a weekend and fell in love. I needed the 4 door for my 2 kids. (no nismo needed here either) The V6 rumbles when you push it higher than 3500rpms. I haven't towed anything yet(but I have no fear of under-performing). Very comfortable compared to other trucks. Read the reviews out there and you will find this is the best truck in it's class. I purchased used at 45K miles, so we'll see how reliable this thing is. Great looking truck, fast off the line, very capable 4x4, comfortable interior, and feel of high quality materials(unlike Chevy/GMC Canyon).

Favorite Features

Thrust from V6 Roomy back seat Nice truck bed features 6-speed awesomeness Very Comfortable cabin

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius Nothing Else

2007 Frontier
By greentreefro

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, excellent value. The V6 engine has lots of power and the 6 speed manual gets me 25 MPG average better on long trips around 28MPG. I will enjoy this truck for many years to come.