Superb truck +1
By Thomas Lawson on
2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
This truck has been wonderful. There is plenty of room for our sons in the back seat even on 200+ mile trips to see family. The is superb power and even pulls the 6500 lb towing without a problem but make sure you have trailer brakes if going very far. This is by no means a "compact" truck with the ample room over the previous Frontiers. I am running Mobil 1 synthetic and Nissan says,even though they recommend standard crude in the owners manual, that this is okay for warranty. I work at Nissan with guys that oversee engine testing they say these 4.0 are just about bullet proof.
Favorite Features
The 6 speed is a great treat to drive and abuse. I have gotten as much as 23.5 mpg on the highway and requently get 20.5-22 even in city driving unless I am driving it hard. It rides good and handles even better.
Suggested Improvements
Better air to rear seats and lighter tailgate. The oil filter is a bit hard to change without leaving some oil behind on the driveway. The passenger seat needs better lower back support but is caused by the ability to fold the seat down for hauling stuff. No real complaints, just an EXCELLENT pu