2006 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Killer

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

Nismo Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Killer
By Stu on

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger was starting to die on me (150k) so it was time for an upgrade. After testing out the Taco, F-150, Ridgeline & Titan, I was sold on the Frontier. It was the most comfortable to my frame(5'6"), plenty burly and looks killer (the wife was pleased). Being in Houston I didn't even ask about 4WD (would have been a special order), but at least I got the NISMO which is kind of like 3WD with the limited slip rear and nice clearance etc. The only knocks I have are that it always makes a clunking noise in the front when I start out in the morning, the doors swing way wide open and the steering is quite wide and somewhat sluggish feeling at low speeds. Wish I'd gotten the Rockford sound.

Favorite Features

I love the look and the way it drives off-road (even @ 2WD). Fits me well and performs all the functions I need it to.

Suggested Improvements

Utilitrack is cool but it would be nice to have a locking device on it; makes it tough to secure stuff and I've already had something ripped from the bed.