2006 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6 6-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - I love it

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

SE Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 6-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed)

I love it
By RMichael on

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy driving it. I got plenty of torque at low RPM, great low gear ratio in 1st and economical yet still with lots of power 6th. Don't get me wrong there's a lot that I would like improved but for the price it's a solid, fun to ride pickup(it's too new to say how reliable it is...) Before I got it I testdrove Tundra and in my opinion the only thing going for toyota might be the build quality. Toyota sways more when cornering, engine is weak at low RPMs and siting is somehow...weird. That's just my opinion of course.

Favorite Features

My favorite is, of course, the torque and hp. The car looks good too and afety ratings are good also. Too bad I could not get it the side air bags.

Suggested Improvements

Here's what I would like improved: Better tires. Headlights - they are VERY weak. Locable gas cap. Needs better rear shocks - for sure. Better rust protection - chrome started to rust! Fix the leaf springs squeak. LSD standard. Side air bags standard.