2006 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - My second Nissan truck

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My second Nissan truck
By Matt on

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Nissan truck. My first was a 87 1/2 Hardbody and it served me well. It was a basic XE 2wd 5sp. I sold it with 70k miles to a friend who kept it for close to 200k miles. This '06 is lights years ahead of my 87 in every respect. I plan on keeping this '06 for 15 years. I was able to keep my '95 GMC Sonoma 4x4 for 11 years so I the Nissan being a better build vehicle should be able to meet that goal. My '95 was getting 18-19 in mostly city driving and my '06 is doing that with no problem. Considering the '06 is a bigger, heaver truck with more hp(155 for '05 vs 265 for '06)IMHO is pretty impressive in my book. Ride quality is impressive for the '06 compared to my '95.

Favorite Features

HP/performance compared to my '95 GMC 4x4 Sonoma MPG is excellent compared to my '95 Comfort compared to my '95 Amazingly quite. Almost too quite. I would have prefered a more robust exaust system. NISMO package is one hell of a bargin considering the level of equipment you get for the $.

Suggested Improvements

More choice of interior colors. Would like to have an all black interior with white face dial for the NISMO package as an option. The interior is too generic for being a NISMO.