2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Fun To Drive NISMO

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Review

Fun To Drive NISMO
By Rocketman67 on

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I brought this truck to replace my '95 GMC KC Sonoma 4x4 V6 5sp. I had about 115k miles of pretty trouble free miles. The biggest annoyance was the drive train noise when rowing the gears. Their was a LOT of gear backlash. When I took it to the dealer they said it was NORMAL and I should dampen the noise with using the clutch more........yea right! The shifter looked like it came out of a school bus or something. Gas mileage was 18-19 in the city and about 21-22 highway which wasn't too bad. I was going to to replace the Sonoma with the new Colorado/Canyon until I heard that GM in all their (stupid) infinite wisdom decided to put an I5 instead of a V6 or I6. So I bought a Frontier.

That World Class V6 engine with all that HP and Torque and equal or better MPG than my '95 Sonoma. Ya just got to love the 6speed transmission mated to this engine. Nissan boys knew what they were doing. The looks are really appealing! I've had many compliments with silver exterior and blue seats.

When you order the NISMO package the interior should compliment the exterior NISMO name. It doesn't. Nissan should offer an all black interior option with white instrument cluster or some other color scheme for the interior. Recalibrate the ECU to accept premium fuel if you so desire.